These tires are fantastic- I can go anywhere !
Nokian Nordman 7 SUV StuddedReviews
Our proprietary rating system
for the modern tire buyer.
4 reviews4 on SimpleTire
Would you buy again?
- 1 out of 100
- 3 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Those who already live in cold conditions for several months a year are the best ones to design winter tires, which is why the Nordman 7 SUV Studded by Finnish maker Nokian is a good bet. These studded tires are specially built for providing consistent grip to SUVs, CUVs, and light trucks on snowy and slushy roads in winter weather. By being available as studded tires, these are well-suited for reliable traction in severe snow, ice, and a lot of slush. To assure buyers that these tires are industry-certified, the symbol for Three Peak Mountain Snowflake is visible on them. Nokian is a specialist in making winter tires and the details will be visible in the course of this Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded review.
Features and Benefits
As the Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded is a winter tire, you can expect it to be highly effective at temperatures below 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Interestingly, the Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded rating is so high that some customers may even want to drive in more severe winters! These tires are characterized by excellent acceleration on snow and the following features and benefits:
- Superb slushplaning prevention- Slush edges on these tires remove snow and slush from the tire’s contact patch to prevent poor handling due to slushplaning, thereby increasing safety.
- Excellent grip- The unique cryo-silane rubber compound has been designed to generate excellent grip in snow and ice. Additionally, the winter tires remain flexible at lower temperatures for consistent grip.
- Great traction- Studs on these tires are meant to generate traction in the most severe winter conditions.
- Innovative technology- Eco Stud system technology is meant to decrease the stud’s road impact with a stud cushion and lower tire noise.
- Available in many tire sizes- The Nordman 7 SUV Studded is available in many sizes to fit today’s most popular CUVs, SUVs, and light trucks.
- Sustainable- Only low aromatic and purified oils are used in the manufacture of these tires, making them environmentally sustainable.
Pros and Cons
The Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded features a firm structure that allows it to tackle even the most challenging winter conditions. Several innovations and technical solutions from the Nokian Hakkapeliitta family also help benefit this tire. Despite the above features and benefits, it is important to go though the following pros and cons to know what you’re buying:
- Consistent grip in ice, snow, and slush
- Comfortable and safe
- Crisp steering response
- Highly reliable
- Balanced and sturdy
- Specially structured for SUV use
- Excellent grip in varying winter conditions
- Not suitable for high performance
- No limited manufacturer warranty
- Cannot be used when temperatures are consistently above 45 degrees Fahrenheit
- As a studded tire, the Nordman 7 SUV Studded cannot be used in all locations
- A bit noisy, though that’s true for all studded tires
SimpleTire’s view on Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded tires
As a studded winter tire, Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded is known for offering high durability and reliability in severe winter weather. Various state-of-the-art technologies in this tire are meant to provide excellent winter performance. Truck, SUV, or CUV owners who shift to these tires are bound to experience positive changes in winter grip, as seen during our Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded tire review. Enjoyable handling and stability are two parameters that show how these tires are most suitable for SUVs. This tire is known for providing exceptional braking performance for maximum safety, both in dry and wet conditions.
Vehicles the Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded is a good replacement tire for
Most vehicles being used to fit these SUV tires are likely to feature 4x4 drivetrains, although these will work fine on 4x2 as well. By fitting studded tires, a vehicle is likely to stop faster in winter conditions than non-studded tires. The safe and comfortable Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded tires can be used on the following vehicles:
- Toyota Tacoma
- Honda CR-V
- Subaru Forester
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Volvo V60 Cross Country
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- RAM 1500
- GMC Yukon XL
- Ford F-150
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Audi Q7
- Acura MDX
- BMW X5
- Land Rover Discovery
- Mercedes-Benz ML250
- Porsche Cayenne
- Volkswagen Touareg
4 SimpleTire reviews
WE HAVE RUN 2 SETS OF THESE TIRES AND LIKE THEM
Very Aggressive driver, 1999 Honda CRV, Daily driver ~50 miles per day Been using these for a few months in Fargo, ND. The tires are excellent in snow and on icy roads. They really bite into the ice and are fantastic for starting and stopping on dry-icy surfaces. I could easily see these saving you from rear-ending someone on an unexpected icy patch or preventing a spin out on the interstate. If it gets slushy or very wet, they retain good performance but still not as grippy on wet roads as an all-season tire. If it's dry and not icy, they are not great and will let go of the road long before a non-studded snow tire so beware if you like to drive your vehicle at the mechanical limit. Road noise was much less than I had guessed it would be and shouldn't be the thing that stops you from choosing studded tires. They seem to be wearing very nicely and after about 2500 miles, the tread still looks like-new and the studs are still sharp and pronounced. This is a great tire which I would recommend for anyone who lives in areas where very icy conditions are common. If you get a lot of snow but not a lot of ice, maybe try the non-studded variant.