Very nice studded snow tires
Nokian Nordman 7 StuddedReviews
10 reviews10 on SimpleTire
Would you buy again?
- 2 out of 100
- 5 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 2 out of 100
Nokian Tires manufactures tires for cars, trucks, buses, and heavy machinery. The company focuses on the consumer automobile and vehicle tire replacement, as well as the premium winter tire industry. It is well-known for its winter tires, and they have a permanent lab for testing winter tires.
Since roughly 1890, studded tires have existed in some form or another. They are employed to improve traction on icy roads. The Nokian Nordman 7 Studded is a studded winter tire that is designed for use on coupes and sedans. They provide steady traction on slushy and icy roads.
Nonetheless, is it the best tire for your car and your budget? Let's take a look at a review of Nokian Nordman 7 Studded to see if it's the right tire for you.
Features and Benefits
Is it really necessary to have studded tires? If you spend a lot of time driving on snowy roads throughout the winter, studded tires are the way to go. Studded tires are especially handy if you live near the coast, where the roads might turn icy in the winter. Winter tires with studding are a good choice for snowy roads. You can determine whether to purchase these tires by knowing about their features and benefits.
- Solid winter weather traction: This tire's air claw construction provides better winter traction. The term "air claw technology" describes the front edges of the tread blocks' water drop-shaped air dampers combined with strong studs. To improve the performance in cold temperatures, whether dry and wet, there is a thorough directional tread pattern as well as winter weather traction. Intricate siping pattern in the tread design increases the number of biting edges that are able to cling to the icy and snow-covered road surface while the tire is operating. With the help of long-lasting rubber ingredients, the compound keeps rubber flexible in lower temperatures.
- Reduced risk of hydroplaning: By spreading water and slush from beneath the footprint, the zigzag and intricate groove design prevents hydroplaning. The wedge-like edges effectively clear slush beneath the footprint.
- Firm handling: Wide multidimensional and sturdy studs provide longitudinal grip while accelerating and braking. It is supported by the stud's large bottom flange, which increases lateral grip enhancing the handling in corners.
- Relentless braking grip: By exerting the proper amount of stress to the tread block during braking, the bear claw innovation keeps the stud perpendicular to the driving surface. The multifunctional, strong anchor stud increases longitudinal grip when moving forward and stopping. The high-density siping detail of the directional design reduces the braking distance. When braking, these sipes increase friction between the tire and the road, shortening the stopping distance.
- Fuel efficiency: It is designed to have a low rolling resistance. This low rolling resistance design maximizes fuel efficiency while minimizing environmental impact and uneven wear for a longer tread life.
- Comfortable and quiet: Despite having studding, Nokian Nordman 7 Studded tires are quiet. For a smooth, quiet ride, the Nordman 7 Studded has a random pitch tread variation that has been computer optimized for traction. In addition, the eco stud system provides good traction and smoother driving. The impact of the stud with the road is lessened by a stud cushion. As a result, there is less wear on the road and a nicer rolling sound.
Pros and Cons
So, have you found the ideal winter tire? Let us first analyze its pros and cons before forming an opinion.
- Winter tire tread pattern with many features to increase traction in icy roads.
- Air-claw technology to boost winter traction and driving comfort.
- Anchor stud enhances handling in corners.
- Zig-zag and intricate grooves reduce the risk of hydroplaning.
- Double slush edge reduces slush between the road and the tire.
- Pinned with studs to improve traction on roadways with snow, ice, and slush
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified to perform in harsh winter weather conditions.
- Bear claw to provide constant traction
- Eco stud system to offer sturdy traction and to offer a pleasant ride.
The Nokian Nordman 7 Studded tire falls short in some aspects, such as
- They cannot be used all year as the rubber components in these tires quickly deteriorate at temperatures above 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cannot be used everywhere.
- Could be noisier.
- No mileage warranty.
SimpleTire’s view on Nokian Nordman 7 Studded tires
Drivers will also enjoy the Nordman 7 Studded solid handling and quiet, comfortable ride. Nokian Tires Nordman 7 studded tire is dependable and long-lasting, providing comfortable driving in a variety of winter situations.
The Nokian Nordman 7 studded tires adjust to changing weather conditions and provide exceptional braking and cornering grip on slick roads. In comparison to Falken Winterpeak F-Ice1 and Hankook Winter i* pike RS2(W249) Studded, Nokian Nordman 7 Studded has a better score thanks to its solid handling, greater traction, and longer tread life.
Although the Falken Winterpeak F-Ice1 is less expensive than the Nokian Nordman 7 Studded, the Nordman 7 Studded offers a longer tread life and more traction. Nokian Nordman 7 Studded, on the other hand, is less expensive than Hankook Winter i* pike RS2 (W249) and provides better traction, handling, and tread life.
Overall, the Nokian Nordman 7 studded is an affordable tire with greater traction.
Vehicles the Nokian Nordman 7 Studded is a good replacement tire for
Nokian Nordman 7 Studded tires are a superb choice for drivers seeking exceptional traction and performance in ice, slush, snow, and other winter weather situations. Even though it is used as an original equipment it is a good replacement tire for vehicles like:
10 SimpleTire reviews
First winter tire I've ever put on my car. Yes it is somewhat noisy especially with the studs but I had already read the reviews and expected as much. Had nothing to compare it to prior to using these tires. We had a morning with black ice on all the roads and I was thankful for the tires. There were a lot of accidents and I was able to drive around numerous cars and trucks that were stuck.
Put these on a prius prime which now spends most of its time in the garage as AWD is currently a must. Don't feel as solid on dry as the stock tires. Hard to believe as the sidewall on stock is as soft as a bicycle tire. Don't know is hydrogen would make a difference. All in all, the studs are what I really needed and I would do it again.
The wrong tires came the first time and the delivery of the second set was delayed so long that I needed to order from a local company and cancel the delivery entirely. These issues were terribly inconvenient.
The dry handling is kind of like driving on gravel. Car wants to wander in a straight line at high speeds. In corners you must take it easy, or understeer will overcome you. About the same with wet, but you know, even more because it's wet. The tire does snow and ice pretty decently, but there is a point where it gets to deep and well, performance suffered. Was a little disappointed tbh. Noise, they are studded so plenty of noise. I like the noise though, like driving on gravel, walking with cleats. Went with bridgestone blizzak ws90's this year.
Very good in Vermont snow. Not too loud on the road. Awesome tires so far.
It was a bit confusing as to which company in Maine was Truly a Precipitating Ties dealer who would allow delivery and ste up appointment to put the tires on. Alvin Chase at Eastern Tire in Rockland claims he and four other dealers were not participants. Even though you had called his secretary and set up a time to have the tires put on and delivered there and they had me scheduled. I'm surprised he didn't keep the tires and sell them for his own profit. He could have done that since they were delivered by FedX after hours. They were dropped off outside with no attendant beside of the garage in the open! Alien Chase claims it was without his knowledge. I was happy to hear that you could work with Shepard's Toyota in Thomaston Maine as they were willing to work with you, and are more down to earth and much more accomadating. I wish you luck in the future and hope you don't get into a snarl because dealers are claiming they do not know the tires are being delivered! Even though you were kind enough them and myself and we're aware that my tires had not been put on because I went up to the garage and got them because Alvin Chase told me which apparently was a lie that he didn't know anything about it and what he wanted to charge me was double to put them on. It is quite remarkable the Not only do we get a great deal on the tires which are excellent but also that you pay to have them put on even though he was a higher cost garage than any of the others. Please get it clear who you're working with on the other end. As a business person I hope you don't end up paying more to a garage to put the tires on then what we pay for the tires themselves. Remember with the kind of comfosion I had at best I would have paid more to have them put on or you would have. At worst the company could've sold my tires and claimed that they never came in or that they would have been stolen because they were brought after hours and leaned against a building all night outdoors . Thank you for the guarantees that you offer when we buy the tires in the paperwork that comes through that we can print off with the phone number that is very helpful and thank you for your personal attention with me.