Tires just recently mounted. Haven't had snow yet so cannot rate and since new, cannot rate treadwear.
Falken Wildpeak H/T02Reviews
Our proprietary rating system
for the modern tire buyer.
7 reviews4 on SimpleTire3 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 3 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Falken tires debuted in Japan in 1983 and entered the North American market two years later. After more than 35 years, Falken has cemented its position as a top tire brand by concentrating on a wide variety of products and competing in renowned professional motorsports events. In addition, this tire company has made significant progress in the off-road market, showcasing the Wildpeak tire line from Falken at numerous races and endurance competitions.
The Falken Wildpeak H/T02 is a highway terrain, all-season tire that is designed for use on light trucks. Because of its all-season durability and heavy-duty towing capabilities, this tire is ideal for light trucks.
However, is it the best tire for your vehicle and your budget? Let's take a look at a Falken Wildpeak H/T02 review to see if it's the right tire for you.
Features and Benefits
If you are a light truck driver you require tires that provide the right amount of load carrying capacity for your heavy vehicle and its cargo. Falken Wildpeak tires are a great option if you drive a vehicle that is loaded down with passengers and cargo, especially because they can enhance handling while carrying a heavy load. Learning the features and benefits of this tire will benefit you if you own a light truck:
- Enhanced all-season traction: These tires enhance traction in dry, wet, and light weather conditions thanks to robust material and intricately placed symmetrical ribbed blocks that make up the tread design. A flexible rubber compound improves performance in both summer and winter weather, and the rigid block placement and 3D canyon sipes in the tread provide extra biting edges for better traction. In wet conditions, the four wider circumferential grooves evacuate water and slush from the footprint to prevent hydroplaning.
- Better Controllability: Throughout the performance of the tire, the ribbed block pattern enhances surface contact for better steering response and driving stability. During braking, the 3D canyon sipes and circumferential grooves enable the tire to generate friction, significantly reducing braking distance. While also greatly increasing the model's ability to tow trailers, the rigidity of the footprint improves the tire's handling even more,
- Longer lasting tread life: Both the footprint stability and the long-lasting compound improve usability. Stronger compound components significantly reduce overall treadwear rate by reducing overall wear manner. Wildpeak H/T 02’s rigid footprint and ribbed tread pattern enable it to distribute driving pressure uniformly across the tread area and greatly extend the tread life of the tire. On the other hand, the tough sidewall guards enhance the shoulder tread pattern to guard against cuts, punctures, and impact damage.
- High driving comfort levels: The tread pattern has three different pitches, which lowers the amount of noise generated by the road. The tread pattern enables it to cancel out sound waves using a specific frequency. As a result, the tire significantly reduces road and tread pattern noise experienced while driving.
- Heavy-duty towing capabilities: The Wildpeak H/T02 is designed to meet the demands of today's pickup truck drivers, from activities on construction sites to towing and hauling responsibilities. It has rigid tread blocks and a rugged upper sidewall that increase strength and durability for a higher towing and load carrying capacity.
Pros and Cons
So, is it a good fit for your light truck? Before giving our final opinion, let's first look at its Pros and Cons:
- All-season tread pattern to offer better traction in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions
- Backed by 75,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for P-metric sizes, and 50,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for LT-metric sizes
- 3D Canyon Sipe Technology to prevent wear from high torque applications
- Advanced 4D Nano design for better traction and grip plus a longer tread life
- HD (heavy duty) badge on the tire’s sidewall highlights the tires robust build
- Four wide circumferential grooves channel water out of the tire to reduce hydroplaning risk on wet roads
- Rugged sidewall protection to guard the tire shoulder from hazards
- Tread pattern reduces road noise to offer a quiet ride
Despite having all of these features and benefits, the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 tire could be better in some areas, such as:
- Off-road traction could be improved, but acceptable for a tire in this class.
SimpleTire’s view on Falken Wildpeak H/T02 tires
If you're looking for a distinctive all-season, highway tire, the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 is a great option. When compared to the General Grabber HTS60 and the Firestone Transforce HT2, the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 offers superior traction, handling, and performance all year long. Furthermore, Falken Wildpeak H/T02 is slightly less expensive than General Grabber HTS60 and Firestone Transforce HT2 while also performing better. Overall, due to its lower price and excellent performance, the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 is a great option for an all-season tire.
Vehicles the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 is a good replacement tire for
Even though it is not used as original equipment, the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 is a great replacement tire for vehicles like the Chevrolet Colorado, Nissan Titan, Chevrolet Silverado, Nissan Titan XD, Ford F-Series, Ram Trucks,GMC Sierra, Toyota Tacoma, and Toyota Tundra.
4 SimpleTire reviews
So far a great tire but have only had them about 1,200 miles. I can say they are not noisy - no hum. They track well and feel solid. They are pretty aggressive looking tire but built for the highway. They are more aggressive looking than in the photos at the site. I'm guessing this tire is what 90% of us want in looks and functionality. Haven't got to winter yet so no review on snow/ice. Very happy so far and if they hold up long term I would buy again.
This tire is surprisingly capable on and off road, but also rides quietly on the highway. Absolutely recommend for the price.
Love the tires and your service. And yes you make it simple.