Won't drive in snow and to early for wear results. These hook really well no issues. Much better then my dry Goodyear's I had on the car. Would buy again without a question. Installed on 1997 corvette.
Accelera Phi 2Reviews
309 reviews7 on SimpleTire302 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 3 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
An Indonesian company, Accelera Tire manufactures tires for light trucks, 4x4s, passenger cars, minivans and crossovers. Accelera tires are made using ecologically friendly materials and processes and are intended to provide long-lasting, even tread wear in addition to durability, traction, and precise handling.
The Accelera PHI 2 is an all-season performance tire which is designed for broader fitment cars with a straight, dry rib and a dynamic medium lateral groove that provides good handling and stability. Accelera's mileage warranty also applies to the PHI-2.
But is this all-season tire made to fit your vehicle? Will you be able to afford these tires? To learn more specifics, let's examine an Accelera Phi 2 evaluation.
Features and Benefits
The most widely used tire on the road, all-season tires are designed to withstand "everyday" driving conditions. In areas with mild winters, its tread offers reasonable snow grip in addition to well-balanced dry and wet performance levels. Let’s see the features and benefits of the Accelera PHI 2 to see whether this tire is for you.
- Enhanced all-season traction: Tire has a unique tread design that offers all-season traction and grips the road well in both dry and rainy conditions.
- Hydroplaning resistance: Tread design's circumferential grooves reduce water from below the tire footprint, preventing hydroplaning and improving wet weather traction.
- High speed controllability: It is built with a straight dry rib in the tread pattern which contributes to the tire's high speed driving stability. The shoulder tread block design gives additional biting edges, which improves cornering ability and power and in turn high-speed controllability.
- Reduced rolling resistance: Because silica is a major component of the tire compound, it reduces rolling resistance and improves all-season traction. As the vehicle requires less energy to keep the tires moving, the reduced rolling resistance lowers the fuel consumption of the vehicle and its CO2 emissions.
- Longer tread life: Because the driving pressure is distributed more evenly throughout the tread area and the tire is not under as much pressure, the reduced rolling resistance also slows down the rate of tread degradation. This prolongs the tread life and stops uneven wear on the area.
- Lowered road noise levels: Because the shoulder tread block design distributes airwaves via the tire footprint, it reduces road noise that enters the vehicle's interior when the tires are moving.
Pros and Cons
Is this the best season tire that fits your car? What conclusions have you drawn? Let's examine the pros and cons of these tires before looking at Simple tires' view on them.
- All-season tread pattern to offer dry, wet, and light winter weather traction.
- Backed by a 30,000 mile limited manufacturer warranty.
- Dynamic medium lateral groove to provide wet handling and rolling resistance.
- Shoulder block to offer better cornering stability and reduced noise.
- Straight dry rib to ensure stability and flexibility.
- Not Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified (so not designed for harsh winter weather conditions.)
- Not designed for light trucks.
- Mileage warranty is less than many competitors.
SimpleTire’s view on Accelera Phi 2 tires
Accelera Phi 2 tires are engineered to emit less carbon dioxide and produce less noise in order to minimize rolling resistance and conserve energy. Center lateral grooves in the tread design reduce rolling resistance, which in turn reduces the vehicle's fuel consumption. In addition to improving cornering ability and power, the shoulder tread block design muffles road noise.
To give you SimpleTire’s View on Accelera Phi 2, we'll compare the Accelera Phi 2 to the Westlake SA07 Sport and the Lexani RFX Plus, two other all-season tires of the same size, using SimpleScore.
With an overall Score of 8.5 out of 10, the Accelera Phi 2 has a great SimpleScore thanks to its great handling (8.8), longevity (8.2), and traction (8.5) scores. The tire's dynamic medium lateral groove and all-season tread design help with handling and traction.
In comparison, the Accelera Phi 2 performs better than the Westlake SA07 Sport. On the other hand, the Westlake SA07 Sport has slightly lesser traction (8.1), longevity (8.0), and handling (8.6). However, for a lower cost, the Westlake SA07 Sport provides a higher mileage warranty (45,000 miles).
When compared to the Lexani RFX Plus, the Accelera Phi 2 has a higher SimpleScore. The RFX Plus has a slightly lesser handling (8.7), longevity (7.5), and traction (7.9). Furthermore, as compared to the Accelera Phi 2, it is more expensive and lacks a mileage warranty. That being said, the RFX Plus does come with run flat technology that allows drivers to go up to 50 miles at speeds less than 50 MPH after a puncture or pressure loss.
If you're searching for a reliable daily tire or a tire to learn how to race on, the Accelera PHI 2 is a great option.
Vehicles Accelera Phi 2 is a good replacement tire for
These tires are not used as OEM tire but when your original tire wears out Accelera Phi 2 can be used as replacement tire for vehicles like the:
- Chevrolet Corvette
- BMW 3 Series
- Ford Mustang
- Audi A4
- Volvo S40
- Mazda MX5 Miata
- Dodge Challenger
7 SimpleTire reviews
Love these tires!
I simply love the Simple Tire experience. I've purchased from them twice. In each case it's been a seamless experience. Extremely fast shipping and exactly what I ordered.
Used on a 350Z. I am not a heavy into racing but love to get some speed. These tires are great
Excellent tires, service,and price. Will definitely be shopping here again