Tires look great. These are oversized for my 2019 Silverado Crew LT, so it performs good in light to medium rain, heavy standing water will naturally will slide a little. I only notice noise of singing when slowing down. Loss 3-4 mpg, but I went from a 275 to 305 tire a lot wider and heavier than OEM. Quality of tire is Excellent though. Note: I put 2" front leveling kit on truck before install.
Venom Power Terra Hunter R/TReviews
15 reviews1 on SimpleTire14 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 0 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Based in Tennessee, Venom Power manufactures tires that are good in quality, last longer, perform well, and feature great aesthetics. The tire manufacturer offers a unique and affordable range of tires for passenger cars, CUVs, SUVs, light trucks, and Jeeps.
The Venom Power Terra Hunter R/T is a rugged terrain tire designed for use on SUVs, light trucks, and Jeeps. It is a great blend of all-terrain and mud-terrain tires and offers solid performance in both on- and off-road conditions. Venom Power has utilized various technologies and features to enhance the performance of this tire on smooth roads and challenging terrains.
To learn more about this tire, let’s go through the Venom Power Terra Hunter R/T review and understand if this tire can really do what it promises.
Features and Benefits
The Venom Power Terra Hunter R/T is a hybrid tire, which means it comes with the combined capabilities of an all-terrain and mud-terrain tire. It can climb rocks and perform on the highway like an all-terrain tire and can also be occasionally taken on mud, sand, gravel, dirt, and rocks. There are many good features that enhance the performance of this tire on varied terrains. Let’s have a look at them:
- Improved off-roading – The optimized void-to-lug ratio of the Terra Hunter R/T improves off-roading ability and provides solid traction in conditions like mud, snow, rocks, and sand. The staggered shoulder lugs of this tire provide a good number of biting edges and increase traction on rocky terrains.
- Enhanced durability – The aggressive dual sidewalls of this tire not just boost off-road traction but also enhance durability. Likewise, the reinforced internal structure of this tire features a steel belt casing that improves load durability.
- Better longevity and wet traction – The tread of this tire features mud and stone ejectors in between the side lug blocks that shed the mud for increased traction and prevent stone drilling, thus ensuring better longevity. Additionally, the deeper tread that’s made of sturdy compound assures longer tread life, reduces the chances of hydroplaning for better wet traction, and improves off-road capability.
- Lower noise levels and augmented ride comforts – The advanced tread pattern and pitch variation of the Terra Hunter R/T help in reducing tread noise while driving on smoother highways and also augment ride comfort.
- Year-round performance – The detailed tread elements and the all-season tread compound of this tire provide a better grip in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions. Moreover, its tread rubber is optimized for better flexibility during the summer and winter seasons.
The Terra Hunter R/T is available in 17 to 28-inch rim sizes, which means it is compatible with almost all popular SUVs, pickups, and Jeeps in the United States. Venom Power offers a tread life warranty of 50,000 miles on sizes that are 22-inch or smaller, and 13.5-inch wider or lesser.
Pros and Cons
So, is the Terra Hunter R/T a good tire, or should you look elsewhere? Let’s know its pros and cons before we conclude with our verdict.
- The tire is optimized for better traction on dry roads and off-road conditions.
- While driving on smooth highways, its noise levels are relatively lower than peers.
- Reinforced construction offers admirable durability.
- Better handling on both the highways and on rough terrains.
- More affordable than most other options available in the segment.
No tire is perfect and, unfortunately, the Terra Hunter R/T is no different. While there are a lot of good things about this tire, there are some cons too.
- Longevity scores are not as good as some of its competitors.
- Traction in winter and wet conditions feels average.
- Limited manufacturer tread life warranty not offered on all sizes.
SimpleTire’s view on Venom Power Terra Hunter R/T tires
The Terra Hunter R/T is a good choice for those who want an affordable tire with both on- and off-road capabilities. The tire is optimized for better handling and stability, and even its noise levels and ride comforts are better than most of its close competitors. The construction of the tire is durable and it can withstand severe off-roading impacts. On dry surfaces and conditions like mud, sand, dirt, gravel, and rocks, it performs better. However, it may disappoint enthusiasts in wet and winter weather conditions. Additionally, limited service life and unavailability of tread life warranty could be the two major concerns for the buyers.
Overall, in many areas, the Venom Power Terra Hunter R/T could be a better option than its peers like Kenda Klever R/T KR601, Radar Renegade R/T, Atturo Trail Blade A/T, Landspider WildTraxx R/T, and Arisun Aresta R/T ZG07.
Vehicles the Venom Power Terra Hunter R/T is a replacement tire for
Designed for use on SUVs, pickups, and Jeeps, the Terra Hunter R/T can be a good replacement choice for vehicles like Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Ford F-350, GMC Sierra 1500, Toyota Tundra, Nissan Frontier, and Jeep Gladiator.