Excellent tire. After 26,000 miles on my Toyota 2010 RAV4, minimal tread wear. Only had to replace the subject left rear tire due to vandalism resulting in a tire puncture. Also had these tires on my 2004 Toyota Highlander. I like these tires.
Toyo Open Country Q/TReviews
30 reviews5 on SimpleTire25 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 2 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 2 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Toyo Tires was established in 1945 by Toyo Boseki in Japan. With established brands like Extensa, Proxes, Open Country, and more, Toyo all-season tires provide year-round performance in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions.
The Toyo Open Country Q/T is an all-season tire that is built for a wide range of vehicles, from CUVs to luxury SUVs and provides confident handling and stability. With these tires, you can expect a quiet, comfortable ride with a tread wear warranty of 65,000 miles.
However, is it the best tire for your car and your budget? Let's take a look at the Toyo Open Country Q/T review to determine if it is the right tire for you.
Features and Benefits
A solid all-season tire provides traction, control, and performance all year. A quiet, comfortable ride, long tread life, and an appealing design are all advantages. This also applies to the Toyo Open Country Q/T, which has all of these characteristics as well as a mileage warranty.
- Enhanced all-season traction: The larger outer tread blocks and multi-wave sipes of the asymmetric tread design improve all-season traction. To improve water drainage for enhanced wet performance, it incorporates open lateral slots. Moreover, multi-wave sipes provide traction in light snow.
- Reduced risk of hydroplaning: Tread features four circumferential grooves, open lateral slots, and evacuation grooves remove water from the tread to reduce the risk of hydroplaning.
- Confident handling: The Open Country Q/T has a sipe design that aids braking on wet and dry roads, as well as snow grip. Improved wet traction in turn contributes to better handling on slick conditions. In addition, the center stabilizer rib of the tread improves vehicle stability, while interlocking tread blocks improve steering responsiveness.
- Longer tread life: Multi-wave siping design prevents erratic wear and increases tread life.
- Increased cornering ability: Lateral grooves improve the cornering and maneuvering ability by providing additional biting edges.
- Quiet and comfortable drive: Silent Wall Technology distributes air flow across the tire grooves, reducing road noise. This results in a quiet and comfortable drive.
Pros and Cons
Is this the perfect all-season tire you have been looking for? Before we reach a conclusion, let us first consider its pros and cons:
- All-season tread pattern boosts traction in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions.
- Backed by a 65,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty.
- Four wide circumferential grooves remove water from the tread to reduce risk of hydroplaning.
- Open lateral slits enhance water drainage to offer better wet performance.
- Multi-wave sipes for increased light snow traction, braking on wet and dry roads, and a quieter ride
- Silent Wall Technology to offer a quiet ride.
These are the advantages of the Toyo Open Country Q/T Tire, however there are some areas where they fall short or may be enhanced.
- Should not be used in cold weather conditions that range from moderate to severe.
- Should not be taken off-roads.
- Not designed for light trucks.
SimpleTire’s view on Toyo Open Country Q/T tires
Because of its all-season performance, long tread life, and quiet drive, the Toyo Open Country Q/T is a solid choice for CUVs and luxury SUVs.
When compared to the Hankook Dynapro HP2 (RA33) and Kumho Eco Solus KL21, the Toyo Open Country Q/T has a better SimpleScore thanks to its excellent traction, handling, and tread life.
Although The Hankook Dynapro HP2 (RA33) offers a mileage warranty, handling, and traction equal to that of the Toyo Open Country Q/T, the Open Country Q/T offers better tread life at a lesser rate.
In comparison to the Kumho Eco Solus KL21, the Toyo Open Country Q/T has superior traction, handling, tread life, and mileage warranty.
Overall, the Toyo Open Country Q/T is an excellent all-season tire that will give year-round performance for your vehicle.
Vehicles the Toyo Open Country Q/T is a good replacement tire for
The Toyo Open Country Q/T tires are a fantastic option if you're looking to get a reliable all-season tire for your CUVs and SUVs. These tires offer enhanced all-season traction, handling, cornering, and quiet drive. It is also a good replacement tire for vehicles such as the:
- Acura MDX
- BMW X3
- Honda CR-V
- Lexus RS
- Nissan Rogue
- Toyota RAV 4
5 SimpleTire reviews
This is my second set of Open Country Q/T's! The first set took me over 70,000 miles without a hitch. These tires are incredible in all categories, and particularly effective in the rain at highway speeds. They are quiet, very responsive, and flatten out curves like an iron! In my opinion, they are state of The Art, and excellent in ensuring safety on any trip or grocery story run. Thank you TOYO for your excellent engineering.
I'm very happy with the balance of cost, performance, and tread life on these tires. Great all around tire!
These seem to be about as quiet as the Yokohama Parada Spec X's they replaced. Way too early to see if they last longer and will have to wait until winter to see how they do in the snow and ice. Gas mileage has dropped as fraction since installing but that could be a combination of rolling resistance and using more A/C. So far all is good.