Terrible tires. Rides like a vehicle with no suspension. Vibration at 65 mph even with front end alignment and high speed balancing.
Toyo Open Country H/T IIReviews
7 reviews7 on SimpleTire
Would you buy again?
- 5 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
Founded in 1945 in Japan, Toyo tires came to the US in 1966, and ever since they have been manufacturing all-terrain, UHP tires, and mud-terrain tires for light trucks, CUVs, and SUVs thanks to their innovative product line.
An all-season tire gives your vehicle better-rolling resistance for enhanced fuel economy. The Toyo Open Country H/T II tire delivers strong performance on highways, a heavy load-carrying capacity, and limited off-road capabilities for light trucks and SUVs. But is this the right tire for you? Let’s look deeper at this Toyo Open Country H/T II review.
Features and Benefits
Living in areas that experience moderate temperatures year-round, makes you worry less about changing tires in every season, that is why an all-season tire suits your needs best as they perform well in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions and all-season tread makes it possible for these tires to be used all year round.
Let’s take a look at the Toyo Open Country H/T II tire review to help us understand all its features and benefits at a glance:
- Better all-season performance: The Open Country H/T II has multi-wave sipes that enhance its performance in wet and light snow conditions.
- Reduced hydroplaning: Wide, wear-resistant tread compound enhances traction on slippery roads, preventing hydroplaning.
- Minimal noise: The innovative tread design reduces road noise for a quiet ride.
- Solid handling: Four wide circumferential expanding shoulder grooves stabilize the tread area for good handling, and enhance the ride quality.
- Longer tread life: The flat tire contour and a square footprint reduce tread distortion to promote even wear and extend tread life.
- Sidewall options: You can choose from two distinct looks for customizing - one sporty and one classic.
You can trust the Toyo Open Country H/T II if you want an affordable tire that doesn’t skimp on performance. The tire size ranges from 16 to 21 inches for many of today’s most common pickup trucks and SUVs. Additionally, it is backed by a 70,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for P/Euro-metric sizes and a 50,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for LT-metric sizes.
Pros and Cons
Before deciding whether to buy Toyo Open Country H/T II tires or not, let’s first drill down on a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- Wear-resistant tread compound extends tread life and durability.
- Adaptive circumferential grooves maintain good wet traction
- Expanding shoulder grooves maintain good wet traction performance
- Multi-wave sipes minimize irregular wear for a smooth, quiet ride.
- Improve braking on wet and dry roads.
- Improve light snow traction.
- Four wide circumferential grooves reduce hydroplaning
- Dual sidewall designs offer two distinct looks.
While Toyo makes a good claim about the Open Country H/T II’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- Not ideal for use in moderate to severe winter weather conditions
- Only available for light trucks and SUVs
- Does not offer great traction on ice
SimpleTire’s view on Toyo Open Country H/T II tires
At a glance, the Toyo Open Country H/T II tires are everything a pickup truck or SUV driver needs. They feature a wear-resistant tread compound that extends tread life and durability. Adaptive circumferential grooves maintain good wet traction and the expanding shoulder grooves maintain good wet traction performance. These tires have multi-wave sipes that minimize irregular wear for a smooth, quiet ride while ensuring improved braking on wet and dry roads.
Plus, the four circumferential ribs with integrated sipes provide good handling on both wet and dry surfaces while the flexible body design improves ride comfort. The Open Country H/T II is a quiet, comfortable ride with year-round traction, even in light snow.
If you can compromise on tread warranty, you can get enhanced traction and tread life from Falken Wildpeak H/T02 against this tire.
Vehicles the Toyo Open Country H/T II is a replacement tire for
Commonly used by drivers looking for strong performance on highways, heavy load-carrying capacity, and off-road capabilities the Toyo Open Country H/T II can be a common replacement tire for vehicles such as the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Dodge Durango, GMC Yukon, Ford F-250, Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Titan, RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner, and more!
7 SimpleTire reviews
Toyo tires are always as advertised
I have not mounted and used these tires yet. They will replace my current tires when the time comes.
Toyo open country ht II - 285/45r22 - installed on a 2015 silverado. Very impressed with this tire. Excellent quality. Simple tire is amazing , I ordered these tires Sunday night - Tuesday afternoon the tires were on my front porch. Highly recommend these tires and simpletire.com for sure !!
I purchased these tires for their balance of wet road and winter handling. I recently drove my Mazda CX5 up to Montpelier, Vermont during the holiday season and it snowed four out of the seven days I was there. During the times I was out driving, I never felt the tires slip or lose control. I drove between 10-20 mph on dirt roads and about 30-40 on pavement. I am very happy with these tires.
what a pleasure it was to work with Simpletire. Delivered on time, price quoted, such an easy transaction. Thank you I have owned Toyo tires for many years only once one tire the steel belts came loose and the tire became unbalanced other wise Toyo is the only tire for my vehicles.