I just got my tires right before the big storm in Ohio. And they are wonderful! Watching everybody else slide all over the road wow I cruise right past them with 100% traction and full control of my vehicle! Would recommend Simple Tires to any and everyone! And I have!
Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX2Reviews
66 reviews5 on SimpleTire61 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 5 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
The HTR Enhance LX2 from Sumitomo is a great value in an all-season tire that can deliver the kind of ride comfort you expect in a Grand Touring tire, with a tread pattern that’s designed for year-round traction and an industry-leading tread life warranty. The design team at Sumitomo really did their homework, and the HTR Enhance LX2 is loaded with next-generation features that will give you the confident handling, braking, cornering and road manners you need for your sedan, coupe, minivan or crossover for many, many miles to come.
So what is it about the Sumitomo tire that makes it such a strong performer and a great value? Let’s go in for a closer look with this Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX2 review:
Features and Benefits
Here’s just a few of the design concepts that you can expect with the Sumitomo HTR Enhance Lx2:
- Optimized contact patch promotes long, even wear and good control by distributing vehicle weight and forces evenly
- Advanced tread compound incorporates silica and super microparticulate carbon for a balance of strength, flexibility and wet or dry traction
- Straight circumferential grooves and lateral notches work as a system to resist hydroplaning by evacuating water from the tire’s contact patch
- Dense system of sipes enhances traction to chew through snow or slush
- 3D zigzag sipes help stabilize tread and add rigidity for cornering traction
- Chamfers in tread grooves retain snow for snow-to-snow friction in winter weather
- 2-ply polyester casing with steel belt package and spiral-wound nylon cap layer
- M+S rated for mud/snow traction
- 90,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for T-speed rated sizes, 70,000 mile warranty for H- or V-rated sizes, and a 50,000 mile warranty for W-rated sizes
- Tread pitch is computer tuned for low road noise
Pros and Cons
So, is this the right all-season tire for your ride and budget? Before you decide, let’s take a look at the tire’s Pros and Cons:
- Outstanding warranty coverage
- Confident, predictable handling and road manners
- Forgiving ride quality
- Should not be used in moderate to severe winter weather conditions
- Not great in winter weather
- Some drivers report higher noise levels at high speeds
SimpleTire’s view on Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX2 tires
Sumitomo might still not be a familiar name for many American drivers, but we’ve been impressed with their tires for some time now. The HTR Enhance LX2 delivers handling that might not be quite “sporty,” but it’s precise and predictable, and can let you push the envelope a little on a twisty road or an interstate on-ramp. It’s a tire that inspires confidence and peace of mind with its traction and performance on wet or dry pavement, and we’re impressed with its road manners – straight-line stability is great and it doesn’t tend to get the jitters over irregular road surfaces. That affordable price point is even more impressive when you remember that its tread life warranty is anywhere from 50,000 to 90,000 miles (depending on speed rating), making it a first-rate value.
No, the Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX2 isn’t a strong performer in deeper snow or winter conditions - many all-season tires aren’t, to be fair. But if you’re looking for a tire that’s a great choice for either daily commutes or long stretches on the freeway, the Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX2 is certainly one to consider.
Vehicles the Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX2 is a good replacement tire for
Here are some of the vehicles that would be a great fit for the Sumitomo HTR Enhance Lx2:
5 SimpleTire reviews
Excellent tires on my 18 Equinox. Very pleased.
In my eyes this is the best tires I 've ever had. In 2012 I bought Rav4 with Toyo tires. After 40k miles edges were gone and I bought all 4 Sumitomo HTR E. After few thousand miles one tire get bolt in so sonce then I do not rotate this set o tires and keep repaired at rear axle. Rav4 has now over 90k and I will buy 2 HTR E just for front axle. I was quite sceptical to buy one sided tires. I thought that if tire can not be turned on rim then will be wearing ouf fast. I was wrong. Now I understand that all teick is in steel mesh, how is formed. Eventualy, this tires have more worn center than edges (front exle) Rear axle is equal. If nothing happen then 6 tires I buy will last 120k miles on vehicle! 1st set of 4 60k without rotation, then ad 2 to front axle and ad another 60k miles. OK. This was value. My Rav4 is V6 with 270hp. I drive fast, and accelerate. My wife does not. But I am impressed how this tires act on water and snow. I drove 100 mph on heavy rain and tires acts like on dry road.
Bought these to replace OEM Firestone tires on my daughters Toyota Yaris. Sticker than the OEM's and definitely better handling in both Dry and Wet. We'll see how the tread wear works out, these tires have a 70k tread wear warranty. Can't say much about winter traction as of yet.
Great value for the money. Have Simitomos on several of my vehicles and really like them. Very quiet, balance up well with minimal weight. Handle well and have excellent dry and wet traction. Get good mileage out of them compared to other higher price name brands that sell for much more. I highly recommend them.