These are the same model my Audi A4 came with directly from the dealer. I love the overall performance!
Pirelli P Zero Nero GTReviews
9 reviews6 on SimpleTire3 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 2 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
For many drivers, when you think of Pirelli you think about performance and the company’s motorsports experience. We’ll just start off by saying the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT (“nero” being Italian for black) certainly lives up to the image and expectations of Pirelli tires. The P Zero Nero GT is a summer ultra-high-performance tire that’s designed to handle anything that the road can throw its way and not let you down. If you’ve got a sporty sedan, coupe or crossover and you like to push the envelope to the absolute limit, the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT is a great option to give you an unshakable, planted-to-the-pavement feel in wet or dry conditions.
Pirelli has always been on the leading edge when it comes to innovation and design for performance-oriented tires, and the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT is no exception. What is it about the tire that makes it such a strong performer? Let’s take a closer look with this Pirelli P Zero GT review.
Features and Benefits
Ultra-high-performance tires are engineered for high-speed driving, quicker acceleration, and shorter braking distances. To do that, though, they need to be built with certain characteristics. Here’s what the P Zero Nero GT has within it to allow for sporty driving:
- Specifically designed for “hard” or “soft” tuning and is a great choice for tire and wheel conversions on sporty sedans and coupes
- Wide circumferential grooves channel water away from the tire’s contact patch to resist hydroplaning
- Tread formulation is soft and sticky enough to deliver great cornering and braking adhesion and grip, yet still is designed for long wear
- Wide, continuous ribs and asymmetric tread enhance steering response and cornering traction
- Profile is designed with a wide contact patch that puts more rubber in touch with the pavement for better control, improved braking response in wet or dry weather
- High-tech silica-enhanced tread formulation
- Twin steel belts and zero-degree nylon layer with rayon body plies for ride comfort and great high-speed stability
- Available in sizes from 17” to 22”, for a wide range of sporty fitments
- Looks great on all kinds of vehicles
Pros and Cons
The Pirelli P Zero Nero GT is a tire that offers more advantages than disadvantages:
- Slot-car-like cornering and braking performance
- Surefooted steering response and handling
- Low noise and good ride quality
- Cannot be used when temperatures are consistently below 45 degrees Fahrenheit
- Not backed by a limited manufacturer tread life warranty
SimpleTire’s view on Pirelli Pirelli P Zero Nero GT tires
Summer/UHP tires are designed for responsive handling, sure-footed cornering, and braking response that will slow you down fast enough that you can stay out of trouble when you’re pushing your vehicle’s performance. That’s what you can expect with the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT. The P Zero Nero GT is loaded with innovations, top-tier materials and the kind of workmanship you expect from a tire from Pirelli, and it doesn’t disappoint. The fact that it’s available in sizes from 17” to 22” is an added bonus, making it a good fit for a wide range of sporty vehicles.
The P Zero Nero GT from Pirelli is a tire that will live up to your expectations for that kind of performance, plain and simple. And no, it’s not designed for colder weather since the softer tread compound will stiffen up and lose traction when temperatures are consistently below 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit. Likewise, many summer/UHP tires do not come with a treadwear warranty, although the P Zero Nero GT is protected by Pirelli’s tire uniformity warranty as well as a workmanship/manufacturing warranty for the first year or first 2/32” of tread wear.
Vehicles the Pirelli Pirelli P Zero Nero GT is a good replacement tire for
Pirelli has vast experience crafting tires for the most powerful vehicles on the road today, and the P Zero Nero GT is no different. If you drive an Acura RSX, Audi A6, BMW 750i, Cadillac CTS, Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang, Hyundai Genesis, Infiniti Q50, Lexus GS Turbo, Mazda Miata, Mercedes Benz CLK430, Mini Cooper Paceman, Nissan 370Z, Porsche Boxster, Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Toyota GR Supra, or Volkswagen GTi, then this is a tire you might want to consider if you’re looking for high-end performance in warmer weather.
6 SimpleTire reviews
Haven't driven enough to know how it is in winter or if it wears quickly. But they grab hard and don't let go. A decent and cheap set of tires for running back roads really hard on a daily driver.
Great all around sport tire. Great predicable handeling. Better then it should be in the wet. So so tread wear but I drive hard.
Replaced Goodyear Run flats with these Pirellis. Good ride, great handling dry and wet, only 2000 miles on tires so no comment on tread wear yet! Tire noise is much improved! For the price you cannot beat this tire, very satisfied customer!
Overall, excellent tire. Superb handling at the limit. Predictable and consistent. Fine in wet until 4/32nds. About to order my 3rd set. I drive very aressively and so only get about 18-20k per set. Totally worth it. 2014 Fiesta St P215/40r17
your customer service sucks majorly! #difficultTire I'd highly recommend the tires but not your company! Take notes from tirerack.com, I'd rather spend extra money for the same tire then buy from your company again