Amazing traction on icy roads with a limited amount of snow. At least as good as my former chains without the hassle of changing in the cold. I will make these my new winter standard. Simple tire made the purchase and delivery easy.
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUVReviews
7 reviews7 on SimpleTire
Would you buy again?
- 3 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Based in Nokia, Finland, Nokian Tyres was established in 1988 and is a renowned tire brand that specializes in winter tires. Its Hakkapeliitta nameplate has earned a reputation for being a top performer in freezing conditions, and Nokian is the only tire maker in the world to have a dedicated winter tire testing facility. It also manufactures tires in other categories such as all-season, all-terrain, all-weather, summer, and UHP for various vehicles such as passenger cars, SUVs, CUVs, minivans, light trucks, and more.
Designed for use on CUVs, SUVs and light trucks, the Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV features a directional tread pattern with deep and wide grooves for quick water and slush removal. While the tread is made to offer maximum stability and driving comfort, the aramid sidewalls add extra rigidity and durability. The tires lower heat generation and improve fuel efficiency. The use of Double Stud Technology adds pins to the center tread area for enhanced braking grip and acceleration and to the sides for maximized grip on turns. It features Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification and approval for the harsh winter conditions of the Nordics. It is available in a wide range of tire sizes from 16 to 22 inches.
So, is it able to meet the performance it claims? Let’s find out in the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV tire review.
Features and Benefits
Winter tires are engineered to offer superior grip and traction on snowy, icy, and wet surfaces. They feature a special rubber compound to resist freezing weather and remain flexible. The Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV qualifies the test to be a frontrunner option for buyers looking for a capable winter tire.
- Superb traction and grip – The directional tread pattern with deep and wide grooves and multiple sipes delivers better traction and grip on icy, snowy, and wet surfaces. The lateral grooves channel out slush and water quickly from the surface to avoid the risk of hydroplaning. The smart Double Stud Technology allows a strategic set of pins in the center and on the shoulders. While the central studs push acceleration and braking grip, the shoulder ones improve traction when cornering and changing lanes.
- Enhanced handling and stability – The aggressive tread design firmly interlocks with the icy surface to ensure confident handling at moderate speeds. The solid shoulders with lateral grooves improve stability and steering response.
- High-fuel efficiency – The optimized tread design not only reduces noise levels but also generates low rolling resistance. The dropping levels of heat reduce harmful emissions while boosting fuel efficiency.
- Durability – The special silica compound resists uneven wear while Nokian’s Aramid Sidewall technology protects it from damage from impacts and cuts and provides a comfortable ride.
Pros and Cons
The Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV is an excellent winter tire but it also comes with some disadvantages. Let’s have a look at its pros and cons before having our final say.
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification for use in severe winter weather conditions
- Low rolling resistance for high fuel efficiency
- Aramid Sidewall tech for protecting sidewall from damage and a higher load carrying capacity
- Aggressive tread pattern for improved handling and grip
- Deep and wide grooves to resist aquaplaning
- Double Stud technology for improved grip and traction
- Special rubber compound to maintain flexibility in freezing temperatures
- It cannot be used in temperatures consistently above 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Not backed by limited manufacturer tread life warranty
SimpleTire’s view on Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV tires
To sum it up, the Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV is a good option for CUV, SUV, and light truck owners who are looking for a solid winter tire that could offer improved handling and stability, excellent grip and traction on snow and ice, and a longer tread life.
Vehicles the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV is a good replacement tire for
The Hakkkapeliitta 10 SUV is an excellent replacement tire option for vehicles like BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne, Volkswagen Atlas, Audi Q7, Chevrolet Traverse, Dodge Durango, Ford Maverick, GMC Acadia, RAM 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and several others.
7 SimpleTire reviews
The Nokian Hakkipelita 10s are superior ice and snow tires and have kept me safe throughout 4 winter storms this season. I live on the top of a mountain with steep grades and narrow switchbacks and these tires are my insurance policy. The grip, handling and stopping distance on winter surfaces is superb. This is my 3rd set of NH tires and they just keep getting better and better.
Simply the best snow tire available. I drove a Ford Mustang home from the dealer with these installed on quite possibly the snowiest day of the year, and the vehicle was drivable on all roads and able to maintain its position in traffic. While it was not fast up hills, it was able to make it places where an RWD performance vehicle had no business being in those conditions. I would absolutely recommend, despite the high price.
They're the best winter tire iv ever ran. Worth every penny. You get what you pay for. I have a hard time telling how slippery it actually is because the bite is real!.
These tires are amazing for winter driving. They are a snow and ice tire. Haven't driven much on dry pavement yet, but the noise with studs was fine. The piece of mine with brakiny is exceptional.
Tires have been very good on ice and snow. They are a bit noisy however that is to be expected since they are studded. Will continue to use Nokian tires.
Simple tire.com... Gold Medal prices and service...