I don't give 5s all way around due to limited miles. It so far I LOVE them.
Nitto Terra GrapplerReviews
327 reviews29 on SimpleTire298 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 11 out of 100
- 15 out of 100
- 3 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Nitto Tire is a subsidiary of the Japanese tire maker, Toyo Tires and was established in 1949. The company attained new heights when it started to roll out unique tire sizes that addressed the concerns of auto enthusiasts. Nitto Tire manufactures a wide range of tires which include tires for passenger cars, light trucks, SUVs, CUVs, SXSs, and competition. A capable tire from the company’s all-terrain range, the Nitto Terra Grappler offers great traction and longer service life.
The Terra Grappler is available in six sizes ranging from 16 to 24 inches and is an ideal off-road tire for light trucks and SUVs. While it offers superb grip and enhanced traction on challenging terrains, the tire is equally quiet and comfortable at highway speeds. Whether wet or dry, the block pattern, balanced void ratio, deep sipes, stagger shoulder lugs, and angled lateral voids all come together to ensure you get maximum performance year-round and on every terrain. The Terra Grappler is not only loved for its function but also its form as it gets one of the most handsome tread stylings to make you stand out of the crowd. Let’s have a look at how it delivers the claimed performance in this Nitto Terra Grappler Tire review.
Features and Benefits
All-terrain tires have a tough job to deal with, hence they’re made with solid compounds that resist cuts, chips, and snags and provide superior grip in tough conditions. Here’s how the Terra Grappler is able to achieve the performance it claims.
- Strong off-road performance- The aggressive all-terrain tread pattern consists of sharp blocks with deep sipes that provide superior grip on unpaved roads. Coupling joints between tread blocks lessen excess flex for improved traction and precise steering feedback during off-road driving. The circumferential voids help maintain straight-line traction on rough terrains. Solid staggered, lugged shoulders enhance traction in loose dirt and deep sand conditions.
- All-weather champion – While the angled, lateral voids flush out water quickly under wet conditions, they provide excellent traction and stability in dry conditions. Deep sipes cut through water packets on the surface and aid in avoiding the risk of hydroplaning. The special silica compound ensures the rigidity required to tackle off-road blocks is maintained while, at the same time, ensuring there is optimal flexibility in the tread.
- Longer wear, better value- Tastefully crafted, the tread of the Terra Grappler never fails to impress with its design. It gives you the best of both worlds - form and function. The optimized tread pattern with lugged shoulder helps resist uneven wear while providing a solid grip. The reinforced construction allows the tread to last longer and improves the wear rate of the tire.
Pros and Cons
Before having our view on the Terra Grappler, let’s have a look at its advantages and disadvantages.
- Tread wears gradually for a longer service life
- Superb wet traction on paved roads
- Excellent grip and traction on off-roads
- Aesthetically pleasing tread design
- Staggered lugged shoulder provides superior grip
- Reinforced carcass to resist cuts, chips, and snags
- Could find it tough to handle too much mud
- Thin sidewalls could be a concern on the trail
SimpleTire’s view on Nitto Terra Grappler tires
To sum up, the Nitto Terra Grappler (starts around $207) is indeed a capable tire and a good option for someone looking for an all-terrain tire that offers superior grip, off-road traction, tough construction, stability, straight-line handling on broken roads, confident cornering, longevity, and pleasing looks.
Vehicles the Nitto Terra Grappler is a good replacement tire for
Nitto Terra Grappler is used as an OE on the 2015 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro and is a great replacement option for popular light trucks and SUVs such as Chevrolet Colorado, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F-150, Nissan Armada, and others.
29 SimpleTire reviews
Great all purpose tire, no complaints this far would have got a 5 star in the winter selection but I believe the tire is lacking more tread siping to help in icy conditions. But perfect all terrain tire does everything and looks good.
There is no doubt about, these are great tires!
I was very happy to buy these tires for my 2017 Silverado 1500 last may. They rode great, and looked great. they are wearing good too, but there is one problem. One just blew out on my wife on the highway. there were no signs of any problems. No leaks, no shaking, nothing. these are no run of the mill off brand, these are Nitto's. These should last a while, but not 15k miles, and one year. I am extremely disappointed in these tires, and I dont feel safe with the others on the truck. Luckily the blow out was on the rear. I am most likely going to replace them with another brand, there are a lot of good options in this price point. It looks like a manufacturer defect, the sidewall separated from the tread, in a perfect outline of the lightning bolt design on the side. I hope this was an anomaly. For Nitto's sake.
I would reorder them again
These tires are awesome. They are big but not too nobby where its uncomfortable and load. They look aggressive and ride great. The best part is, Simpletire.com had the absolute best price for these tires on the web. I will be back for sure.
These are the 3rd set of tires on my 2017 Silverado 2500 and so far the best. They feel soft and hook up well but are wearing great. The price was super reasonable and I would buy these again.
So far so good as to handling , noise, wear, etc.. They are wearing even so far and handle well but I haven't as of yet put a lot of miles on them so only time will tell.
Great tire but.... I've gone thru two in the last month. Both were punctured by a mesquite thorns in the sidewalls. No chance of repair... If you live in the city and do not drive off of dirt roads, this is for you. Otherwise stay away if your a country boy looking to go off road!!!
I have not had the tires long enough in order to comment on the winter traction or tread life but tires are kinda noisy but i think for an all terrain have good handling characteristics.