Have about 2k miles on the tires and they've been great. Almost no noise, been great on dry and wet pavement. They're great in the soft sand. Can't wait to try them in the snow.
Maxxis Razr AT-811Reviews
51 reviews45 on SimpleTire6 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 31 out of 100
- 13 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Maxxis tire was established in 1967. Headquartered in Yuanlin, Taiwan, it is a subsidiary of Cheng Shin Rubber Industry Co., which is the 9th largest tire manufacturer in the world. Initially, Maxxis made bike tires, before gradually expanding into tires for automobiles, light trucks, ATVs, motorcycles, trailers, and so on.
All-terrain tires make it possible for you to conquer uneven roads with ease by providing the right balance of on- and off-road performance and durability. Fortunately, the Maxxis Razr AT-811 delivers solid performance in wear, winter, and wet weather conditions and is a good tire for Jeeps, SUVs, and light trucks.
Let’s take a look at this Maxxis Razr AT-811 review to understand if this tire is what you need.
Features and Benefits
You should be less concerned about durability with the Razr AT-811 as it comes equipped with a new off-road compound with new chemical fillers for maximum tear and chip resistance as well as longer tread life. Its new pattern features 3D tread blocks and bridge reinforcements for minimized pattern noise and irregular wear. Let’s take a look at the Maxxis Razr AT-811 tire review to help understand all its features and benefits at a glance:
- Enhanced traction: Armor sidewall design gives off-road enthusiasts maximized sidewall traction and puncture resistance.
- Aggressive performance for all terrains: The increased numbers of biting edges deliver aggressive performance on all types of terrain.
- Reduced hydroplaning: Four wide circumferential grooves and curved inside tread blocks help flush water away from the tread, maintaining traction.
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified: The Razr AT-811 is a Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified tire with high sipe density that ensures superior snow and ice traction.
- Reduced road noise: A new all-terrain tread design features 3D tread blocks and bridge reinforcements to minimize pattern noise.
- Longer tread life: Innovative dual-cord casing technology improves casing strength for superior durability.
The Razr AT-811 ranges from 15-inch to 24-inch sizes, making it an ideal choice for a wide range of road vehicles today. Additionally, the tire is backed by a 60,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for P metric sizes, and a 50,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for LT metric sizes.
Pros and Cons
Before deciding whether to buy the Maxxis Razr AT-811 or not, let’s first drill down on a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- Off-road compound with advanced chemical fillers for maximum tear resistance and tread life
- Multiple biting edges for aggressive performance on all types of terrain
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified thanks to high sipe density that allows for superior snow and ice traction
- Dual-cord casing technology for superior durability and casing strength.
- Aggressive armor sidewall design maximizes sidewall traction and puncture resistance.
- All-terrain 3D tread design minimizes noise and irregular wear
While Maxxis makes a good claim about the Razr AT-811’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- The ride is firmer than its closest premium competitors
- Tread noise is a slight issue on rough pavement
- Not available for use coupes, sedans, minivans, and some CUVs
- Mud performance, while strong, might be weaker than some competitors
SimpleTire’s view on Maxxis Razr AT-811 tires
For the drivers of pickup trucks, Jeeps, or full-sized SUVs, the Razr AT-811 is a solid tire for strong on- and off-road traction. This tire can be considered if you want a bold sidewall design and an advanced tread pattern that boost traction and performance. The Razr AT-811 also features a dual cord casing that enhances strength, durability, and toughness thus offering a longer tread life.
Additionally, the off-road specific rubber compound provides extra resistance to tears for a longer tread life, and 3D tread blocks and bridge reinforcements reduce irregular wear for a longer tread life and minimize pattern noise to create a quiet, comfortable ride on paved roads. Plus, this tire comes with a Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification that makes it conquer severe snow conditions without sacrificing handling or performance.
Overall, this is a solid tire built to conquer any terrain. If you are looking for more affordable options and are willing to go with a shorter warranty, you can consider the Eldorado Wild Trail All Terrain XT or GT Radial Adventuro AT3 as they offer a little compromised tread life and traction at a lower price.
Vehicles the Maxxis Razr AT-811 is a good replacement tire for
The Razr AT-811 is an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on the roads ranging from Jeeps, pickup trucks, and full-size SUVs. This comes as a good replacement option for vehicles like Chevrolet Colorado, Ford F-350-Super-Duty-XLT, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, Nissan Frontier, RAM 3500-Lone-Star, Toyota Tacoma and many more.
45 SimpleTire reviews
I've driven about 300 miles with the tires. It is a smooth ride and very low on the noise. Haven't driven in wet or snow conditions yet. Overall I like the look of the tire the ride and the low noise on my ford bronco sport big bend. Can't wait to see how they handle in the rain and snow or ice.
Ive only put about 800 miles on these but so far they are smooth, quiet and feel the most stable out of all the e rated 35s I've owned. New tires always seam to have a little sway when cornering till they get some wear on them. These tires had zero sway even pulling my car trailer through the mountain roads of nc.
Great looking tires, very quiet ( replaced 50% worn duratracs) ,can't speak to wet handling/mud capabilities since have only had 0.1" of rain in last 3 weeks. Very capable on loose soil/sand currently in the forest. Very happy with them on my 2015 silverado
So far so good! These tires do great in the rain, no slip no slide. Off road traction has been excellent in loose dirt, sand and some mud. Haven't had it in heavy mud nor snow yet. Look forward to seeing how they do this winter. 5k miles so far with zero signs of wear. Hope I can update this at the 20 and 40K mark!
Ford maverick. Love these tires! I have 1500 miles on them so far. Very quiet for such an aggressive tread. 200 miles offroad with them. Fantastic in sugar sand and mud.
Put these on my 2021 Tacoma XP. Great tires! In my opinion as good as BFG. I will stick with these.
So far I have 4k on the Maxxis Razr 35/11.5/17 tires that I put on my 2021 Gladiator Mojave. They are very quiet for such an aggressive tread design, the wet traction is unreal and the traction is great both on and off road. They are very sure footed at high speed on loose gravel and pick up surprisingly few stones. So far I highly recommend them.
Tires are quite,have good traction in wet conditions and light offroading so far