Kumho Solus KH25Reviews
47 reviews14 on SimpleTire33 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 3 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 3 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Kumho Tire was founded in 1960 in South Korea, and it is a subsidiary of the Chinese tire company, Doublestar. With a North Americans headquarters in Atlanta, GA, Kumho makes all-weather, all-terrain, and winter tires for coupes, sedans, CUVs, SUVs, light trucks, minivans, and commercial trucks.
Designed for use on sporty sedans and mid-level family vehicles to offer drivers strong traction, quick steering response, and a comfortable ride, the Kumho Solus KH25 is made with an enhanced all-season tread to deliver superior traction, wet braking, and improved performance on ice and snow while maintaining the mileage and comfort in the winter season.
But is this the best tire for your ride and budget? Let’s take a look in this Kumho Solus KH25 review.
Features and Benefits
All-season tires are designed to offer riders consistent traction year-round, which means they’re built for use in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions. Additionally, this tire is designed to blend noise, ride comfort, and balance all-season performance with dry, wet, and winter traction. Solus KH25 tires have a silica-enhanced all-season tread compound that’s molded into a symmetric tread design which features full-depth circumferential grooves and variable-pitch lateral grooves to enhance hydroplaning resistance while reducing noise.
Moreover, the tire offers a higher reduction in rolling resistance than its competitors for enhanced fuel economy. But is this tire right for you, let’s take a look at the Kumho Solus KH25 Tire review to understand its features and benefits:
- Fuel-efficient tire: The tire features an optimized design which lowers rolling resistance for better fuel efficiency.
- Enhanced performance: A silica-enriched rubber compound aims at improving wet performance and fuel consumption.
- Excellent control: The twin steel belts and spirally wrapped nylon promotes stability and high-speed durability while polyester body plies provide casing strength and a smooth ride.
- Reduced hydroplaning: Full-depth circumferential and variable pitch lateral grooves make sure of efficient water expulsion and greater lateral stability.
- Increased handling performance: Kumho Solus KH25 tires are developed by utilizing the latest technological innovations that deliver exceptional performance and handling in a wide range of weather conditions including wet, dry, and light snow.
- Reduced noise: These tires display a symmetric tread design that helps in making a decreased external and cabin noise.
Available in 15 to 18-inch sizes, this tire is an ideal choice for the drivers of sports coupes and touring sedans.
Pros and Cons
Before moving ahead with the decision to buy Kumho Solus KH25, let’s first discuss a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- The tire offers better handling thanks to its new tread pattern with reinforced shoulder
- Quiet and comfortable driving experience
- A specialized silica compound for enhanced dry performance, stability, and a longer tread life
- Offers drivers consistent, predictable performance year-round
While Kumho makes a good claim about Kumho Solus KH25’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- Slightly more expensive than some competitor’s tires
- Not the best in moderate to severe winter weather conditions
- Only available for SUVs, CUVs, and light trucks
- Not backed by a limited manufacturer tread life warranty
SimpleTire’s view on Kumho Solus KH25 tires
Made to deliver performance on sporty sedans and mid-level family vehicles, this tire offers drivers strong traction, quick steering response, and a comfortable ride. As an all-season tire, the Solus KH25 makes vehicle handling comfortable in changing weather conditions. Additionally, Solus KH25 tires are designed to blend noise comfort, ride comfort, and balanced all-season performance with dry, wet, and wintertime traction.
The Kumho Solus KH25 offers considerate performance but if you are looking for a tire that offers superior traction along with a tread life warranty of 65,000 miles, you might want to consider Yokohama Avid Ascend GT even though it is at a higher price range.
Vehicles the Kumho Solus KH25 is an original equipment tire for
The Solus KH25 offers superior performance against its peer competitors, thus it is an OE fitment choice for many vehicles like 2011 Ford Fiesta S, 2013 Kia Rio EX, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, 2014 Kia Forte LX, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero, 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS, 2012 Hyundai Veloster Base, and 2011 Chrysler Town & Country Touring.
Vehicles the Kumho Solus KH25 is a good replacement tire for
Commonly used on passenger vehicles, the Solus KH25 can also be used on vehicles such as Acura Integra, Audi TT Quattro, BMW M3, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Mazda Miata, Nissan 370z, Porsche 911, Scion Fr-S, Subaru BRZ, and more.
14 SimpleTire reviews
Bought my KH25s used with alloy wheels & half tread. Tho they are very low profile (40) aspect tires, they are smooth, moderately quiet, & steer just OK on the front tires. They track on-center strongly, to the point that a very little steering wheel input ISN'T ENOUGH to begin turning the car! Wear is quite low. Tho half tread, I've traveled 16,000 miles, with 5000 to 10,000 miles remaining. While not being careful, the low aspect tires easily cause curb rash. Altho I've hit fair sized bumps, I haven't gotten any other alloy damage than the curb rash.
Decent tyre, wiht very good traction on dry and wet conditions. Poor snow traction and a bit noisy. Tread life "so so", I got very close to the replacement mark at around 40k miles.
I was very impressed with this tire and Simple Tire is simply the best online tire store, hands down!!! They have the best prices and incredibly fast shipping. I highly recommend them if you are buying tires online.
Loud, very poor traction wet, snow, and ice. Good dry traction
The buying experience with Simpletire was effortless, I ordered the tire had it shipped to a local installer ( Pep-boys ), arranged for a time for installation and had it installed. I couldn't find this model and size anywhere, but Simpletire had it. I am a very satisfied customer and will continue to make future purchases and recommend Simpletire to friends and family. Well done Simpletire!