Gets my RWD car to pass the slow AWD SUV's and Trucks in the winter. Had one hankook Winter iPike Rs end up bubbling on the sidewall last year so I ordered a single tire from simple tire. Hopefully it was from a pothole or was a one-off faulty tire. That was the only con, (maybe it was a bad tire or hit a pothole) These as a set get a little slippery in the warmer rain easy to power slide in a rwd car. Still holds grip fine at 80 in rain going straight. Great in the snow. Made it through Vermont Winter in a RWD Scion FRS. Not too loud unless you are going over 120. Been my go-to for my RWD winter set up for years now, keeps me confident which is everything when driving around other people in the winter in any given condition.
Hankook Winter i*Pike RS (W419)Reviews
16 reviews14 on SimpleTire2 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 3 out of 100
- 8 out of 100
- 2 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
A tire like the Hankook Winter i* Pike RS (W419) is ideal for mobility in areas with 3-4 months of snow. It is a studdable winter tire that is suitable for fitment on minivans, coupes, sedans, and CUVs. Drivers will feel confident with these tires while driving on ice-covered and snow-covered roads. These have several features to provide the maximum snow and wet traction on tricky surfaces, as will be evident in this Hankook Winter i* Pike RS (W419) review. The tire was launched to compete with other more expensive tires in terms of performance and quality.
Features and Benefits
A multi-directional stud maximizes snow and ice traction on this tire during normal driving and cornering, leading to a high Hankook Winter i* Pike RS (W419) rating. Special features are available for snow, ice, and wet surfaces. With these features, it is clear that the South Korean brand Hankook has given tremendous attention to tire technology. Hankook has become the seventh-largest tire manufacturing company in the world by offering a mix of technology and affordable pricing. The company has been constantly incorporating innovative features since its inception in 1941 and given below are the features and benefits that have made the Hankook Winter i* Pike RS (W419) popular:
- Certified for the best snow traction- This is a Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified tire that can grip well in moderate to severe snow conditions.
- Great performance- Good traction due to an aggressive 2-in-1 tread block leads to superior performance in wet and snowy conditions.
- Better traction with studs- As this is a studdable winter tire, it can be pinned with studs to increase snow traction and give drivers confidence. A sharp 3D edge is also helpful in enhancing traction. Keep in mind, studs are not permitted in every location so please consult local laws and regulations before studding your tire.
- Absorbs water- The tire’s spuit hole has been specially designed for absorbing water from the tire’s contact patch to enable superior performance on slushy and wet roads.
- Minimizing hydroplaning- An aqua slant in the tire prevents hydroplaning on wet surfaces
- Safe braking- An advanced snow slit design and studdable tread blocks ensure safe braking on snow and ice.
Pros and Cons
Although these Hankook tires are very comfortable, they can be a bit noisy for some users (especially when the tire is pinned with studs). The tire makes use of two steel belts for extra strength and a high hardness bead filler has been added for boosting handling and steering responses. Take a look at the pros and cons of this tire below:
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified
- Can be pinned with studs, where permitted, for extra traction and performance in severe winter weather conditions
- Tremendous wet and snow traction
- Less braking distance
- Great comfort
- Low tread wear
- No available warranty
- Not as effective in dry conditions
- Cannot be used when temperatures are consistently above 45 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can be noisy when pinned with studs
SimpleTire’s view on Hankook Winter i* Pike RS (W419) tires
We could feel the great traction and handling here for its price during the Hankook Winter i* Pike RS (W419) tire review. This is a tire that delivers middle-of-the-pack performance and is excellent for its worth. Several technologies can be seen working together for it to deliver great levels of traction in snow, ice, and on wet surfaces. With studs, you can expect them to perform even better. Extra sidewall stiffness is responsible for enhancing handling. When compared to other winter tires, several improvements have been made. All-in-all, you are bound to feel safe while crossing moderate to heavy levels of snow.
Vehicles Hankook Winter i* Pike RS (W419) is a good replacement tire for
If you own one of the cars mentioned below, the Hankook Winter i*Pike RS (W419) will be a perfect fit:
14 SimpleTire reviews
Not a bad tire. I had them studded and they have been doing very good in the last 2 snow and ice storms. They will definitely dig when you get into heavy snow and mud!
Running these year around on a 2 wheel drive Toyota pickup. Live at 8000 feet of elevation in Wyoming on a non maintained road. I didn't need to use tire chains last Winter, that says it all.
They make way too much noise. Now they are cupping and this makes even more noise. I have 225/45 17 rs on a BMW 328ix drive. I have to take them off even though I only have 3 or 4 thousand miles on them.
Great tires for the money and Simple Tires services is top notch! I can't ask for more! Definitely will order more.
These are some of the best snow tires I have ever used. Would definitely buy them again.
I really think that these are a great tire.
Purchased this set for my 2014 VW CC. I just moved to Colorado and this was the first set of snow tires I purchased. The price is what Caught my eye, but they handle great and I've received a lot of complements from others in the area.