Great tire so far. Have them on my 01 Silverado 3500 With no complaints. Simpletire was fast and the best price I could find.
Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with KevlarReviews
66 reviews44 on SimpleTire22 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 24 out of 100
- 13 out of 100
- 5 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 2 out of 100
Credited for some of the groundbreaking innovations in the tire industry, Goodyear is a 125-year-old tire-making company that’s rated among the world’s largest tire producers. With manufacturing units spread across the globe, the American tire company rolls out tires for passenger cars, CUVs, SUVs, light trucks, commercial vehicles, and more. Be it all-season, all-terrain, all-weather, UHP, or winter tires, it manufactures tires in almost all the possible categories. Its Wrangler family carries a high reputation for its superior all-terrain performance, and the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar is a prominent member of this family.
Designed for SUVs and light trucks, the Goodyear tire features a layer of DuPont Kevlar for extra strength and Durawall technology for sidewall protection. Whether it's wet or muddy, the open tread pattern handles it well. While it delivers superb traction and grip in most parts of the year, it can also be had with the Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification (only LT sizes) to combat severe winter conditions of ice and snow. The LT sizes are also more rugged as they feature two layers of Kevlar (30% more steel). With a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, the tire comes with a 60,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty.
Let’s understand the key factors involved in raising its performance in this Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar tire review.
Features and Benefits
All-terrain tires are designed with a reinforced carcass and high-strength compound to combat challenging terrains while also offering incredible grip and traction on these roads. The Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar promises to deliver the same. How? Let’s find out.
- Tough construction – While the Goodyear tire already comes with a reinforced construction and a high-strength ply rating, the layer of DuPont Kevlar makes it a sturdy off-road tire. The Durawall technology ensures there are no cuts and chips on the sidewall as the tech safeguards the sidewall.
- Excellent off-road capability – The optimal staggered tread blocks and open shoulder pattern offer a strong grip on rough roads. Whether it’s muddy or simply wet, the tread offers maximum traction on loose surfaces. With hundreds of sipes, the tread offers extra biting edges for strong grip, traction, and confident handling in snow. The LT sizes come with a Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification ensuring great traction and performance in severe winter conditions of ice and snow.
- Superb on-road manners – Despite offering superb performance off the road, the tire is equally good on paved roads as the optimized tread ensures low vibration levels during highway drives which translate into a smooth and comfortable driving experience.
Pros and Cons
While the tire has a lot to offer, it does come with a few shortcomings. Let’s have a look at its pros and cons before summing up the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar review.
- Backed by a 60,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty
- Durawall technology to safeguard sidewall against cuts
- DuPont Kevlar layer for extra durability
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified (LT sizes only)
- Open tread pattern for wet and muddy conditions
- Multiple sipes for extra grip on snow
- It is slightly noisy on paved roads
- More expensive than some competitor’s tires
- Fuel efficiency could be better
SimpleTire’s view on Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar tires
To sum it up, the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar (starts around $170) is an excellent option for an SUV or light truck driver looking for a robust off-road tire that can provide superior traction on soft soil, wet, and muddy surfaces. Its optimized block arrangement and open shoulders ensure fantastic handling, cornering, and stability in challenging conditions. Moreover, it is the most affordable tire among its peers.
Vehicles the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar is an original equipment tire for
Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar tires come as an OE-fitted tire on vehicles like the Ford F-150, Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover Defender 110, Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Toyota Tacoma.
Vehicles the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar is a good replacement tire for
44 SimpleTire reviews
This is my second set of these tires. The first set serve me well under torturing conditions such as carrying maximum weight for the tires and grueling off road conditions and Highway beads and other times The Tread where was a little less than I'd hoped for but probably better than could be expected
Only been on truck a few weeks but so far very good..
Definitely a good ride, with good traction on wet, snowy and slushy roads. Even handles as well as can be reasonably expected on ice.
Tires Perform as advertised and how I would expect Goodyear tires to perform.
I purchased these tires as a replacement for the Yokohama Geolandar M/T for my 70 series Land Cruiser. They are audible in their road noise, but no more so than other A/Ts that I have owned over the years (Cooper and BFG). They feel to have a substantially firm sidewall, so cornering feels solid, not mushy with excessive flex. Their performance on wet road feels secure. Braking is a little less impressive than I had hoped, but that is probably due to the harder compound necessary to get a 60k mile tread warranty. This is something that I was aware of and willing to accept for the long treadlife. I feel like the snow performance should be good given the deep tread depth. We shall see this winter. All in all, I am quite pleased with these tires and would recommend them.
Great tires! Great price! Fast shipping! Very easy purchase! Thank you! I'll be back! Jim
Giving enter a 5 even though winter hasn't come yet... I'm sure they'll be great in the PA snow though!!!
I like the tires but I feel like I paid too much. I found them cheaper after I already purchased them.