1 reviews1 on SimpleTire
Would you buy again?
- 0 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Established in 1982, Gladiator Tires are a reputable leader in the tire sector. They are dedicated to assisting their clients in increasing the profitability of their markets by offering high-quality goods at reasonable costs. Light truck, commercial truck, ATV/UTV, car, and trailer are just a few of the categories in which they excel.
The Gladiator QR500-HT is an all-season, highway terrain tire which offers exceptional all-season traction and road holding ability for light trucks and SUVs.
However, is it the best tire for your vehicle and your budget? Let's take a look at a Gladiator QR500-HT review to see if it's the right tire for you.
Features and Benefits
Highway terrain tires are primarily designed for usage on paved roads. A good highway terrain tire with an all-season tread pattern may make your travel in an SUV or truck enjoyable and stress-free at any time of year. If you own an SUV or truck, learning about the features and benefits of the Gladiator QR500-HT will be beneficial.
- Boosted all-season traction: Gladiator QR500-HT tires are suitable for year-round use due to their all-season rubber compound, five-rib tread pattern, and siping, all of which work together to improve traction in dry, wet, and light cold weather situations. Four circular and several lateral grooves prevent hydroplaning and increase traction on wet surfaces by draining water from the footprint.
- Better handling: By retaining road contact, the distinctive five-rib tread design improves steering response and driving stability. Wide five-rib highway tread provides excellent handling and braking on both dry and wet roads.
- Enhanced Durability: The interior structure's two steel belts and polyester body cord improve driving durability by reducing deformation. A strong steel belted structure ensures stability, durability, and a long tread life. Additionally, a reinforced internal structure keeps the tire's optimal shape during the drive, allowing it to perform at higher speeds. Overall, sustained road contact and stronger interior construction offer a better driving experience all year.
- Longer lasting tread life: Improved internal structure stabilizes the tread area, preventing the tread parts from moving. As a result, the stable tread region extends tread life and tire usability by preventing erratic wear across the tread area, making the tire more cost-effective.
- Comfortable drive: While the tires are in motion, the optimized tread pattern filters out road noise. They direct the airwaves through the footprint without allowing them to collide with the tread parts. By allowing the tire to closely follow the road surface, the polyester body cord reduces road vibrations. The end result is a pleasurable drive.
Pros and Cons
So, is it a good fit for your light truck and SUV? Before giving our final opinion, let's first look at its Pros and Cons:
- All-season tread design for improved grip in dry, rainy, and light winter situations.
- Backed by a 30,000 mile limited manufacturer's tread life warranty
- Wide 5-rib highway tread to offer superior handling
- Optimized design to reduce road noises and vibrations to offer a quiet ride
- Strong steel belted construction for better durability
- Four circumferential grooves limit the possibility of hydroplaning.
- Comfortable and quiet drive
Despite having all of these features and benefits, the Gladiator QR500-HT tire could be better in some areas, such as:
- Braking/acceleration on ice could be improved
- Warranty is a bit low compared to competitor’s tires
SimpleTire’s view on Gladiator QR500-HT tires
If you're looking for a distinctive all-season, highway terrain tire, the Gladiator QR500-HT is a great option. When compared to the Crosswind LTR HWY (L780) and the Radar Rivera H/T, the Gladiator QR500-HT offers superior traction, handling, and performance all year long.
While being somewhat more expensive, the Gladiator QR500-HT outperforms both the Crosswind LTR HWY (L780) and Radar Rivera H/T. In addition, the Crosswind LTR HWY(L780) and Radar Rivera H/T do not have a mileage warranty, however the Gladiator QR500-HT does. Because of its superb performance and long tread life, the Gladiator QR500-HT is an excellent choice for an all-season, highway terrain tire.
Vehicles the Gladiator QR500-HT is a good replacement tire for
Even though it is not used as original equipment, the Gladiator QR500-HT is a great replacement tire for vehicles like the Dodge Nitro, RAM 2500, Toyota 4Runner, GMC Yukon, Canyon, Chevrolet Silverado 3500, Hummer H3, Mitsubishi Montero, and Ford F-150.