I just bought these tires for my 2012 VW Golf TDI to use for my summer tires. So far I have put about 2k miles on them and they have been excellent! Handle well, ride well and are quiet!! I would definitely buy again. Stop reading this already and order them!
General G-Max RSReviews
16 reviews8 on SimpleTire8 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 2 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 2 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
General Tire is an American company that produces tires for automobiles. It has been in business for more than a century and has withstood the test of time, providing modern drivers with the tires they require to live their lives to the fullest. In 1987, Continental AG of Germany purchased General Tire, and it is still in business today as a division of Continental's American operations.
The General G-Max RS is a summer ultra-high-performance tire that is designed for use on passenger cars and crossovers. In addition, this tire performs well in the summer months thanks to its increased traction on both dry and wet roads.
But is it the best tire for your car and your budget? Let's take a look at a General G-Max RS review to see if it's the right tire for you.
Features and Benefits
If you enjoy driving, the warmer months will excite you because you will be able to spend more time outside, and taking a road trip is ideal during the summer. Because the G-MAX RS is a summer performance tire that is designed with the driving enthusiast in mind, you will undoubtedly benefit from learning about its benefits and features.
- Excellent summer weather traction: This tire provides excellent summer weather road grip in dry and wet weather conditions. With its silica-rich tire compound and directional tread pattern, Smartgrip Technology ensures excellent road grip. The circumferential grooves keep the tire from hydroplaning by removing water from beneath the tire footprint. Both improved summer weather traction and hydroplaning resistance ensure solid driving experience.
- Longer lasting tread life: Stabilitread Technology improves the stiffness of the tread pattern and footprint of the tire. It offers a bigger, wider tire footprint with more surface area in contact with the ground, and it maximizes stiffness of the tread pattern. By doing this, the tire prevents the formation of asymmetric wear patterns and evenly distributes the driving pressure across the tread area. Because of the prolonged wear, the General G-Max RS is more cost-effective.
- Precise steering response: Smartgrip Technology also helps to keep the shoulder tread blocks stable. As a result, the stabilized tread blocks grip the road firmly in both dry and wet conditions, improving steering responsiveness and driving stability. Better steering ensures a quicker and more precise response to the driver's commands, resulting in a more enjoyable driving experience.
- Enhanced cornering ability: The shoulder design of the G-MAX RS provides additional biting edges to boost cornering ability.
- Replacement Tire Monitor: A Replacement Tire Monitor system is built into the tires. On the center rib are the words "Replacement Tire Monitor," which change as the tread wears. When the tire needs to be replaced due to wear, the words "Replace Tire" appear. This provides a visual indication of when the tires should be replaced.
Pros and Cons
So, is it a good fit for your coupes, sedans, and crossovers? Before giving our final opinion, let's first look at its Pros and Cons:
- Directional tread pattern to offer a sporty performance on wet roads
- Smartgrip technology enhances high-end traction and improves dry and wet handling
- Angled grooves and a directional tread pattern channel water out of the tire to reduce hydroplaning risk on wet roads
- A solid center rib offers maximum responsiveness and strong traction during wet braking and hard acceleration
- Long-lasting tread wear
- An optimized design that reduces road noise offers a quiet ride
Even though the General G-Max RS tire has all of these features and benefits, it could be better in some areas like:
- The tire's grip in wet conditions is not its strongest point.
- Wet handling and turn-in-feel could be better
- No mileage warranty
SimpleTire’s view on General G-MAX RS tires
If you are looking for a dedicated summer high performance tire, the General G-Max RS is a great option. In comparison to the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp2 and the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2, the G-Max RS is less expensive and provides superior handling, traction, and tread life. Overall, due to its good performance and lower price, it is a better summer, ultra high performance tire option.
Vehicles the General G-MAX RS is an a replacement tire for
Even though it is not used as original equipment, the General G-Max RS is a great replacement tire for Alfa Romeo 4C, Volvo S60, Cadillac CTS Premium, Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Focus, and Ford Mustang.
8 SimpleTire reviews
The process with Simple tire was Simple and web site was easy to use
Haven't had them very long so haven't experienced so of these conditions. Like them so far though.
Great price. Replaced all seasons on an SLK55 Mercedes. No snow here in NC. Good wet traction, as well as dry.
The General GMAX RS is a great tire in both in wet and dry conditions. I have these on my 07 Subaru Legacy GT and they do great in both conditions. Great pricing for a quality tire and they are MADE IN THE USA! Buy them for being a great tire while supporting American workers!!
Good tires for autocross. I don't use them on the street. Good tool for tuning the oversteer/understeer characteristics of the car.