After ordering and installing a budget tire on my performance car, i realized that you get what you pay for. So, simpletire exchanged them for these Falken ZE950's. Wow, what a difference! if you're seeking UHP and something all season as well, these Falken's are the way to go!
Falken Ziex ZE950 A/SReviews
934 reviews104 on SimpleTire830 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 45 out of 100
- 45 out of 100
- 10 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
The Falken Azenis ZE950 A/S is a high-performance all-season tire that’s designed for use on sports coupes, sedans, and crossovers. The tire is optimized to deliver enhanced mileage, comfort, and handling. Falken’s advanced technologies ensure that it provides a better grip in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions. The Ziex ZE950 A/S gets an asymmetric tread design with wide-angled tread slots that makes the appearance sporty and aggressive.
The tire is primarily made for those drivers who do not wish to compromise on performance, expect the tires to last longer, and look for an uninterrupted year-round performance. So, in this Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S tire review, we will find out if this tire does the job that it is meant to do or should you consider something else.
Features and Benefits
Since the Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S is an all-season tire, it is optimized to perform in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions. So, like all traditional all-seasons, you can expect it to deliver year-round performance. But, there are new-gen technologies incorporated to enhance the overall performance of the tire, which is not very common in case of the traditional all-season tires. Let’s take a look at the exciting features that are offered in this tire.
- Excellent rubber flexibility – The Ziex ZE950 A/S features Dynamic Range Technology (DRT) which allows the rubber compound to stay flexible at low temperatures to maintain better grip in wet, snowy, and icy conditions. Similarly, this technology also keeps the rubber compound durable in case of head build-up while driving on dry surfaces. This improves handling and provides better tread wear performance.
- Enhanced winter weather performance – Falken’s patented Canyon Sipe Technology contributes to enhancing the winter performance of the Ziex ZE950 A/S as these sipes provide an increased number of edges for better interlocking of the tread, which results in improved handling and wear in wintry conditions. Additionally, the wide-angled tread slot and sculptured groove wall improve grip and traction in snow. The M+S (Mud and Snow) certification highlights the tire’s capability to seamlessly drive through light snow.
- Improved wet traction – The tread of this tire has wide circumferential grooves that effectively channel water from the contact patch area and ensure hydroplaning resistance for solid wet traction and handling.
- Superior cornering and handling – The 3D canyon sipe technology and the large shoulder blocks of the tire provide confident cornering and handling. The wider and flattened contact patch also contributes to seamless maneuvering and straight-line stability while driving at high speeds.
- Longer and even tread wear – The internal structure of this tire gets dual steel belts and a polyester cord body that provides solid durability and strength to the tire to serve for a longer time. Moreover, the 3D canyon sipes present in the tread also reduce the chances of uneven wear, thus contributing to the tire’s extended usability.
- Backed by solid tread life warranty – Falken offers an exceptional 65,000 miles limited manufacturer tread life warranty on the H and V-rated sizes of this tire, whereas the W-rated sizes of this tire are covered by a 45,000 miles tread life warranty.
The Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S is available in 16- to 20-inch rim sizes and its available sizes include:
Pros and Cons
So, should you consider the Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S or explore other options? Let’s take a look at the positives and negatives before sharing our view in the end.
- Excellent grip and traction in dry, wet, and light snow conditions.
- Steering response is better than its peers.
- Optimized for longer and even tread wear.
- Better cornering and high-speed stability than its counterparts.
- M+S rating signifies better performance in mud and snow.
- Backed by a solid limited manufacturer tread life warranty coverage of up to 65,000 miles, depending on the tire’s speed rating.
- More affordable than its competitors.
Let’s also take a look at the drawbacks of this tire so that the buyers can make a well-informed choice.
- Tread noise levels are louder than its rivals.
- Performance in extreme winter weather conditions isn’t impressive.
- Higher road vibrations reduce comfort levels.
SimpleTire’s view on Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S tires
If you need a versatile tire that’s engineered to offer high-performance and excellent year-round traction and also doesn’t put a dent in your wallet, then the Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S can be a perfect match for your vehicle. The tire offers excellent grip in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions and its steering response is better than most of its competitors. The longevity, cornering, and high-speed stability of this tire are admirable and it is also backed by a solid limited manufacturer tread life warranty coverage of up to 65,000 miles. This M+S-certified tire also performs very well in light snow conditions and hardly any lag is felt at the driver’s end. The only major issue with this tire is pertaining to the driving comforts, which is mainly because of louder tread noises and higher road vibrations felt in the cabin.
The Ziex ZE950 A/S has its competition with tires like Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 PLUS, Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus, and Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS.
Vehicles the Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S is a good replacement tire for
Designed for use on sedans, sports cars, and CUVs, the Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S can also be used as a replacement tire on vehicles like Acura EL, Alfa Romeo, Chevrolet Camaro, Audi A3, BMW 3 Series, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, Dodge Challenger, Lexus LS 500h, Porsche 911, Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Jetta, and Lincoln MKS.
104 SimpleTire reviews
Great in all terrain and recommending them to my pops for his impala. For the price it's the best money can buy
You can't beat falken tires for the balance of performance, price and longevity.
Great budget tires I drive very aggressively on the streets and highways daily. I've been very surprised with how they've held up against extreme cornering and high-speeds. Treadwear is not the best The inner tread is starting to chunk from drifting. the outer tread is starting to get low from cornering. It's only been 4,500 miles and I need new rear tires. The front tires have been doing very well, the fronts are not understeer happy which is very comforting when pushing limits.
I cannot recommend these tires whatsoever after having blad spots/end of treadwear life after only 12k miles/6 months of driving, I have to already warranty replace these tires, I drive 80% Highway and 20% City miles and never have had a tire do this to me before, I don't drive my car stupidly hard but I like to get on the gas a bit. The shocks are in good order, and I've kept them at 36psi since mounted on the car back in Oct. of 2021 It's possibly a defect as the set is DOT Stamped the same, Alignment was done when tires were mounted and I have my tires rotated every 5k miles. I bought Falken because of the good things I've heard about them, but I will never again buy any Falken tire in my life.
I found this model Falken to perform very well in Wisconsin winters. It has an aggressive tread that is quiet and rides nice. I have used these tires on many vehicles from mini van to my Grand Prix gxp and it has performed excellent on all of them.
One fo the best low profile tires that's on the market for the price, I take trips up in the Arkansas Ozark backroads and my car just grips with no loss of traction in the wet these new Falken Tires, they are very quiet on the highway, and absorb city streets like a dream.
This is the second or third set I've bought for my Mazda 3...and that's a good thing. I've put 170k on this car and these were the only tires I've used since stock. Treadwear is great. I drive, let's say "spirited". Where I live I have canyons and roads that people look for all over the country. I've driven with these tires in flash flood weather, light snow and 115' heat and they do great. Honestly I looked at other brands. I've used Cooper, BF, and Michelin for my truck and SUV. They were ok for that setup, however their treadwear and grip were not on par with these. I tend to know a cars limits and how far I can push it. With these tires on my Mazda, coupled with my driving style and a standard transmission, I've tested the grip. They do great. Highly recommend them for people who want a well performing tire that does great for daily use, and can occasionally be pushed when it needs to.
Great tires grewt price I recommend simple tire for all tire purchases. They ship straight to your home they are better than Amazon or ebay. Best for new tires plain and simple.