Enjoyed on new 2018 Chrysler Pacifica, senior citizen driven, comfortable and responsive, handles well in Florida dry and wet roads...But tread wear is very poor in 2.5 years of use and just under 16,000 miles there is only about 25% left on tires. And yes I did say "in 16,000 of driving only 25% of tread life is left",
Falken Ziex CT50 A/SReviews
3 reviews2 on SimpleTire1 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 1 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
As a leading manufacturer of all-season, all-terrain, and winter tires that caters to the needs of everyday to occasional use, Falken Tire are produced within a large network of certified manufacturing plants, including locations in Japan, Thailand, and the U.S. (Buffalo, New York). Ideal to be used on CUVs, SUVs, and minivans that are often used for everyday commutes, errand-running, or a week-long road trip, the Ziex CT50 A/S is built with an enhanced all-season tread pattern that delivers superior traction, wet braking, and improved performance on ice and snow while maintaining the mileage and comfort in the winter season.
Features and Benefits
One of the most reliable features of an all-season tires is its strong traction year-round, as they are built keeping in mind their use in hot, wet, and cold weather conditions. Additionally, with this tire, there is reduced noise, increased ride comfort, and balanced all-season performance with dry, wet, and wintertime traction. The Ziex CT50 A/S features an all-season, silica-based symmetric tread design and full-depth circumferential grooves plus variable-pitch lateral grooves that enhance hydroplaning resistance while reducing noise. But is this tire right for you, let’s take a look at the Falken Ziex CT50 A/S tire review to understand its features and benefits:
- Fuel-efficient tire: The tire delivers a balanced all-season performance that aids in achieving improved fuel consumption.
- Enhanced performance: A multi-wave lateral siping aims at improving wet performance and fuel consumption. -__ Excellent control:__ The symmetrical tread pattern promotes stability and high-speed durability and a smooth ride.
- Reduced hydroplaning: Four wide circumferential and variable pitch lateral grooves ensure efficient water expulsion and greater lateral stability.
- Increased handling performance: Falken Ziex CT50 A/S tires are developed by utilizing the latest technological innovations that deliver exceptional performance and handling in a wide range of weather conditions including wet, dry, and light snow.
- Reduced noise: These tires display an optimized variable tread design that helps in making a decreased external and cabin noise.
Available in 20-inch sizes, this tire is an ideal choice for drivers of CUVs, SUVs, and minivans.
Pros and Cons
Before moving ahead with the decision to buy Falken Ziex CT50 A/S tires, let’s first discuss a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- Optimized variable tread design gives a smooth and quiet ride.
- Four wide circumferential grooves resist hydroplaning.
- Multi-wave lateral siping boosts all-season grip.
- Symmetric tread pattern delivers optimal handling and stability.
While Falken makes a good claim about the Ziex CT50 A/S’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- Slightly more expensive than some competitor’s tires
- Not ideal for use in moderate to severe winter weather conditions
- Only available for passenger vehicles
- No manufacturer’s treadwear warranty
SimpleTire’s view on Falken Ziex CT50 A/S tires
The Falken Ziex CT50 A/S is a good tire when it comes to performance and ride comfort. This tire is a great fit for the drivers of CUVs, SUVs, and minivans, as it offers strong traction, quick steering response, and a comfortable ride. As an all-season tire, the Ziex CT50 A/S makes vehicle handling comfortable in changing weather conditions. Additionally, Ziex CT50 A/S tires are designed to blend noise comfort, ride comfort, and balanced all-season performance with dry, wet, and wintertime traction.
Falken Ziex CT50 A/S offers considerate performance but if you are looking for a tire that offers superior traction and durability and a limited tread warranty of 75,000 miles, you can consider BFGoodrich Advantage Control.
Vehicles the Falken Ziex CT50 A/S is an OEM tire for
The Ziex CT50 A/S offers superior performance against its peer competitors, thus it is an OE fitment choice for vehicles like the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, and 2016 Mazda CX-9.
Vehicles the Falken Ziex CT50 A/S is a good replacement tire for
Commonly used on passenger vehicles. It can also be used on vehicles such as Acura Integra, Audi TT Quattro, BMW M3, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Mazda Miata Nissan 370z, Porsche 911, Scion Fr-S, Subaru BRZ, and more.
2 SimpleTire reviews
This is my second time I'm installing these tires. The first lasted 60k miles and they still had some tread left. This is a great tire in every respect. All weather, low noise, maintenance free. Never had to add air even once during all this time (4 years).