firm ride but not uncomfortable, they are xl snow tires
Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1Reviews
10 reviews8 on SimpleTire2 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 5 out of 100
- 3 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Japanese brand Falken owns a studdable winter tire called the Winterpeak F-Ice 1 that has been designed for superior traction and performance in frigid temperatures, snow, and ice. The types of vehicles that can benefit from these tires include sedans, SUVs, CUVs, coupes, and minivans. These tires enable you to conquer winter in the most confident way possible. To know more about its features and other details, read through the Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 review given below.
Features and Benefits
The Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 has been built using a winter-ready tread compound, meaning that the tire doesn’t specifically have to adapt to cold conditions. During the Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 tire review, we found even FWD and RWD vehicles performing well on snow-covered surfaces. As a benefit of purchasing a Falken tire, buyers here receive a Road Hazard Protection Guarantee that ensures a free replacement for the first 3/32nds of tread life or up to 2 years. The following features and benefits make this tire worth purchasing:
- Good performance in snow- The Three Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol here is indicative of the tire performing well in moderate to severe snow conditions.
- Capable of extreme performance with studs- This tire can be pinned with TSMI #12 or #13 studs to maximize traction on snow-covered roads.
- Flexibility is useful for grip- A suitable rubber compound ensures that the tires remain flexible in the coldest conditions, thereby ensuring consistent grip.
- Hydroplaning resistance- Constant evacuation of water and snow from the tread due to a directional pattern and curved grooves is responsible for consistent traction as the vehicle remains at a high speed.
- More biting edges for category-leading performance- 3D Canyon Sipe Technology is responsible for creating a network of multiple sipes, resulting in several biting edges across the surface for great braking performance on ice.
Pros and Cons
The V-shaped tread on these tires pushes water, snow, and slush out of the tread to enable superior grip. Curved shoulders result in wide shoulder openings for enhancing water evacuation and snow compaction. Here’s a look at the pros and cons of buying Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 tires:
- Built using a winter-ready tread compound for the most intimidating winter conditions
- Comfortable ride with low noise
- Studdable, where permitted, for extreme winter performance
- Backed by Road Hazard Protection Guarantee
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Ride can be a little firm
- Traction in seasons other than winter not that great
- Cannot be used when temperatures are consistently above 45 degrees Fahrenheit
SimpleTire’s view on Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 tires
There are various ways in which families prepare themselves for winters. For example, insulation of water lines running along exterior walls and repairing roof leaks are two methods that are helpful for homes. Similarly, the installation of highly rated Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 tires will enable drivers to handle ice, snow, slush, and cold temperatures while on the move. We are proud to give a high Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 rating due to the tremendous importance given to safety. It is, therefore, natural for such tires to impart a lot of confidence to drivers for handling tough winter terrains without the risk of spinning out. A reasonably high T speed rating ensures that decent speeds can be maintained too.
Vehicles the Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 is a good replacement tire for
When compared to certain sizes of similar winter tires like Continental VikingContact 7 and Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5, the Falken Winterpeak F-Ice 1 is more affordable. These are available as replacement tires for the following vehicles:
8 SimpleTire reviews
This is the first time put a winter tire on this car. I'm quite impressed so far. The tire seems to do well in all weather conditions. Especially impressed with the traction the front wheel drive Nissan Juke gets on snow covered roads.
Very good snow tires with great traction in the snow and ice. A little road noise but not bad at all. Great traction in the snow. Only 3000 miles so far so we will see how they hold up. Would recommend!
Excellent winter tires and no noise and very comfort
Good selection, great price and they took care of getting me someone to install them. Quick turnaraound.
Great tire for the winter snow and ice quiet ride smooth
These tires perform to impress on my 2016 Mitsubishi lancer not only in snow and icy road conditions I never lost any traction the vehicle felt like it gripped the road even in the most questionable I was able to go 80mph on wet roads. During normal conditions the tires feel as if the are street tires no tire noise what so ever and the ride is quite comfortable. As far as simple tire goes I place my order over the weekend and they were delivered in no time. Got the pretty much in two days. So tires definitely worth it it's got me convinced that Falken tires will be my permanent go to tire brand.