Continental PureContact LSReviews
70 reviews7 on SimpleTire63 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 3 out of 100
- 4 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
The Continental PureContact LS is yet another accomplished premium all-season tire from the brand Continental that’s to be used on passenger cars and crossovers who want stability on road with great comfort. Continental also provided the tire with a 70,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty, which is among the best in the category.
The PureContact LS comes loaded with features like EcoPlus Technology that help drivers stop shorter on wet roads, in addition to improving tread wear and fuel efficiency. Additionally, the Built-in Dry, Wet, and Snow (DWS) indicators wear down over time so that drivers can visually see when their tires are no longer optimized for each condition, and Comfort Ride Technology makes sure that the drivers and passengers receive a comfortable ride. But is the PureContact LS the right tire for you? Let’s take a look in this Continental PureContact LS review.
Features and Benefits
All-season tires perform exceptionally well in areas that receive moderate temperatures year-round. Fortunately, the Continental PureContact LS performs well in dry, wet, and light winter weather conditions while maintaining a firm grip on the road. Additionally, all-season tires typically offer better-rolling resistance for enhanced fuel economy.
Let’s take a look at the Continental PureContact LS tire review to help understand all its features and benefits at a glance:
- Optimized Steering Response: This is possible because of stable tread blocks in the shoulders along with a single-ply polyester casing over dual steel belts, that are reinforced by two polyamide overlays.
- Optimal Traction: Continental PureContact LS tire comes with temperature-activated functional polymers in the rubber compound and the asymmetric pattern with stable tread blocks further helps in improving the cornering grip.
- Reduced Noise: Continental employed its Comfort Ride Technology in the PureContact LS, which incorporates an underlay beneath the tread that isolates the tread from the casing. This helps minimize vibrations, delivering a comfortable and noise-free ride.
- Available in Outlined White Letter (OWL) and Black Sidewall (BSW): Continental PureContact LS tires also offer two sidewall options to choose from.
The wheel size ranges from 16-inch to 20-inch which makes it an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on roads today, including compact cars, mid-size sedans, performance sedans, coupes, minivans, and crossovers.
Pros and Cons
Before deciding to buy the Continental PureContact LS or not, let’s first drill down a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- Great cornering and braking grip on dry and wet roads
- Best suitable tire match for dry, wet, and even snow areas
- Extremely responsive for a grand-touring all-season tire
- Excellent handling and grip in the rain
- Short stopping distances
- Long tread life and a very good 70,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty
While Continental makes a good claim about PureContact LS’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- The ride is firmer than its closest premium competitors
- Tread noise is a slight issue on rough pavement
- Not ideal for use on icy surfaces
- Only available for passenger vehicles
SimpleTire’s view on Continental PureContact LS tires
Continental covers a large portion of the vehicle tire market available for passenger cars and crossovers. The PureContact LS is a luxury all-season touring tire that is ideal for dry, wet, and light snow conditions. Additionally, the tire features EcoPlus™ Technology, which provides fuel savings, shorter stopping distances on wet roads, and extended tread life. This tire is also backed by Continental's Total Confidence Plan which includes Road Hazard, Limited Warranty, Customer Satisfaction Trial, Flat Tire Roadside Assistance, and Mileage Warranty (restrictions and limitations apply).
Although Continental PureContact LS is a great choice for all-season tires and if you can compromise on tread warranty (50,000), you can get exceptional handling and traction after considering Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS against this tire.
Vehicles the Continental PureContact LS is a good choice for
This tire is an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on roads ranging from compact cars, performance sedans, coupes, minivans, and crossovers. This is an excellent tire option for Chevrolet Equinox, Honda Accord, Toyota Sienna, Mazda Cx-30 and Kia Telluride and more.
7 SimpleTire reviews
Only been short while but these seem pretty nice tires, they are pretty good balance between comfort and still providing good handling.. they are a bit soft in sidewall so vs a higher performance version of a all season tire your gonna notice that give . Still a very nice everyday long mileage tire
Amazing fast service I was so pleasantly surprised!!!!
great company on line, shipping free no tax , tire at my door in one day, will tell other people about simply tire
Without a doubt the QUIETEST tires i have ever experienced. It is by no means a performance tire so taking corners aggressively can make the tires "wonder" around a little but it is a touring tire - soft and comfortable for long rides. Great handling in wet and superb dry grip. I would not buy them again simply because i need more stiffness while cornering.