Kumho Road Venture MT51Reviews
32 reviews20 on SimpleTire12 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 6 out of 100
- 12 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
Kumho Tire was founded in 1960, based in South Korea, it is a subsidiary of Chinese tire company Doublestar. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA for the United States market, Kumho makes tires for coupes, sedans, CUVs, SUVs, light trucks, minivans, and commercial trucks, and is a Platinum Partner for Manchester United Football Club while also being the official tire of the NBA.
Mud-terrain tires are built to excel in mud, dirt, sand, gravel, rock, and other off-road terrains. Additionally, these tires feature aggressive tread designs that allows them to conquer any terrain plus reinforced sidewalls prevents damage, Kumho Road Venture MT51 is a great mud terrain tire that handles extreme conditions, with solid on-road comfort and driving enjoyment.
But is this the right tire for you and your ride? Let’s take a look in this Kumho Road Venture MT51 review.
Features and Benefits
Most suited mud terrain tire for the drivers of Jeeps, pickup trucks, full-size SUVs, Road Venture MT51 combines an aggressive off road design with on road sensibility. Also known as Off-Road Maximum Traction tire it is a tough tire but is this really the tire you are looking for? Let’s take a look at the Kumho Road Venture MT51 tire review to help understand all its features and benefits at a glance:
- Great off-road performance: Designed with innovative off-road ready tread compound in a symmetrical tread design, the Road Venture MT51 is designed to take on any terrain.
- Extremely durable: Wide tread blocks strategically shaped prevent the tire against cracks, cuts, chips, and stone drilling. Additionally, stone rejector bars and under groove decorations improve stone and mud rejection.
- Enhanced traction: The Road Venture MT51 comes with 3 level height blocks that improve its stiffness for better traction. Additionally, zigzag grooves and notching shoulders reduce damage while also boosting traction.
- Optimized steering response: This tire features two high-tensile steel belts with a nylon cap ply that enhances durability, aids high-speed handling, while the advanced bead contour reduces movement of the bead under load for better ride comfort and increased steering response.
- Available in Black Sidewall (BSW): Road Venture MT51 tires also offer two sidewall options to choose from.
The wheel size ranges from 15-inch to 18-inch which makes it an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on roads today.
Pros and Cons
Before deciding to buy the Road Venture MT51 or not, let’s first drill down a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- Aggressive block and dual pitch design makes the tire ideal for mud, rock crawling, and on-road performance
- 3 level height block improves its stiffness for durability and stability
- Zigzag grooves and notching shoulder reduces damage and increases off-road traction
- Stone rejector bar and under groove decoration improves stones and mud rejection
While Kumho makes a good claim about Road Venture MT51’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- A bit noisier than other tires
- Does not perform to its optimal on icy surfaces
- The ride is firmer than its closest premium competitors
SimpleTire’s view on Kumho Road Venture MT51 tires
Kumho designed the Road Venture MT51 with the drivers who prefer to conquer trails and rough terrain whenever they have an option. Featuring a multi-tiered tread design, the Road Venture MT51 boasts maximum traction off-road, even in dirt, mud, and while rock crawling. Stone and mud ejectors embedded within the tread allow this tire to stay clean helping in great traction, while added sipes help prevent cracking so that the tire has a longer lifespan.
Built with a dual pitch tread design, symmetrical tread design, three-level block edges and deep circumferential zig zag grooves offers a strong traction on rocks, snow, mud, and dirt while also providing on road comfort.
Vehicles the Kumho Road Venture MT51 is a replacement tire for
This tire is an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on roads ranging from Jeeps, pickup trucks, full-size SUVs, and crossovers. Consider the Road Venture MT51 if you drive a Jeep Wagoneer, Jeep Gladiator, Ford F-150, Toyota Tundra, GMC Sierra, or Nissan Armada, and need a tire that performs in tough off-road conditions.
20 SimpleTire reviews
Tires are junk. Less than 20,000 miles. Sides cracked. Barley lasted 10 months. Wish I could post pictures.
I purchased these tires to install on my travel trailer, we go off road pulling the RV with our jeep wrangler JK we had issues with the standard rv tires puncturing. So far I'm very impressed matter of fact I'm planning on purchasing a set of 35 x 12.5 R20's to run on the jeep much more inexpensive than the current good year duratracs and the road ventures look like they will do a great job on the jeep.
Only problem is that they don't offer them for 18in.
Man I will never ever buy tires from anywhere else. The shipping was super fast, tires were exactly the size I needed, and the price couldn't be beat ANYWHERE!! I highly recommend simpletire.com for your tire needs. Winter traction does not apply to me here in south Alabama.
Absolutely amazing tire. I had my doubts with not very many reviews but I love the way they look so I had to give them a try. These tires will definitely be my first choice next time. I was worried about wet traction and noise but had no reason to be. Hands down best tire I have had in the rain. Much better wet traction than all terrains. Also they are the quietest mud tire I have ever owned. Usually after a couple hundred miles tires will become loud, but not these. You can hear them after 400 miles but they are barely noticeable for a mud tire. I would describe them as a tearing sound rather than a hum. They are a soft mud tire, so I dont expect to get crazy mileage from them, but they look great, have plenty of tread, and are still much cheaper than some tires. I bought a set of 32's for my Jeep XJ and they are the perfect size for a 4.5" lift. Have not driven in the snow but I had to rate so 4 stars would be my guess.
So far I love them, still pretty new but so far very impressed.