Note well: these are the 3a version that came OEM on 2019 G550. Different tread pattern than the standard Wildpeak. Got a price better here than all others. Tire Rack couldn't even get these. These are AT but you wouldn't know it. The ride is smooth with no noise. Didn't get a chance to test in snow but should be great. Highly recommended. Love the aggressive look of the sidewall.
Falken Wildpeak AT3WAReviews
12 reviews2 on SimpleTire10 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 0 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Known for delivering performance with quality, Falken tires are produced within a large network of certified manufacturing plants, including locations in Japan, Thailand, and the U.S. (Buffalo, New York). With their all-season, [winter tires] (https://simpletire.com/categories/winter-tires) to UHP tires, they have maintained the quality and performance that is needed with the changing times.
One of their most popular tires, the Falken Wildpeak AT3WA, is best suited for drivers of pickup trucks, Jeeps, and full-sized SUVs and it is your go-to tire if you are looking for a tire that has long-lasting wear, proven snow traction, and strong wet weather performance that maintains consistent performance and appearance throughout the life of the tire.
Additionally, with features designed for severe snow conditions, every Wildpeak A/T3WA tire is qualified by USTMA and TRAC for the Three Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) symbol. Plus, this tire is packed with technology, from Falken’s patented 3D Canyon Sipes to an all-new proprietary lower sidewall. Full-depth sipes and grooves maintain consistent performance and appearance throughout the life of the tire. But is the Falken Wildpeak AT3WA tire the right tire for you? Let’s take a look in this Falken Wildpeak AT3WA tire review.
Features and Benefits
Known to provide superior traction on all kinds of on- and off-road driving surfaces as they are more durable and better on unpaved roads because of their aggressive tread patterns and reinforced constructions all-terrain tires should be your first choice if you drive pickup trucks, vans, and full-sized SUVs for delivering excellent performance in wear, winter, and wet weather conditions.
Let’s take a look at the Falken Wildpeak AT3WA tire review to help understand all its features and benefits at a glance:
- Superior traction: The Wildpeak AT3WA features an aggressive upper sidewall that is combined with offset shoulder blocks to protect the tire from rocks while providing additional off-road traction support.
- Deepest Tread depth in the category: The Wildpeak AT3WA has the deepest tread in its category, which provides long-lasting wear and boosts hydroplaning resistance throughout the tire’s life.
- Extremely Durable: The silica-based tread compound (silica tread compound) of this tire is molded into an optimized tread pattern that balances chip-and-tear resistance on coarse and off-road surfaces improving the tread life.
- High Torque support: 3D Canyon Sipe Technology supports the tread blocks under high torque conditions, aiding wear resistance while ensuring firm grip by biting edges on wet and light snow and ice conditions.
Available in 18 to 22-inch sizes,the tire features a black sidewall and provides great traction on dry and wet roads in addition to snow, Additionally, it carries a 55,000-mile limited tread life warranty, Road Hazard, and 30-Day Ride Guarantees by Falken. Plus, the A/T3W earned USTMA’s Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification as well.
Pros and Cons
Before deciding to buy the Wildpeak AT3WA tire or not, let’s first drill down a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- Great cornering and braking grip on dry and wet roads
- Better winter performance than most all-terrain tires
- Deepest tread in the category allows for superior, long-lasting performance
- Excellent traction and grip in rain
- Shorter stopping distances
- Backed by a 55,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty
While Falken makes a good claim about Wildpeak AT3WA tire’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- The ride is firmer than its closest premium competitors
- Tread noise is a slight issue on rough pavement
- Not ideal for use on icy surfaces
- Not available for use coupes, sedans, minivans, and some CUVs
SimpleTire’s view on Falken Wildpeak AT3WA tires
The Wildpeak A/T3WA engineered for adventure, any time, and in any weather. With aggressive off-road ability and rugged terrain driving, this tire is for you if you drive a pickup truck, van, or full-sized SUVs. Additionally, an optimized tread design combined with a silica tread compound enables the Wildpeak A/T3WA to excel in three areas: wear, winter, and wet performance. Designed for severe snow conditions, every Wildpeak A/T3W tire is qualified by USTMA and TRAC for the Three Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) symbol. The Wildpeak A/T3WA is packed with technology, from Falken’s patented 3D Canyon Sipes to an all-new proprietary lower sidewall. Full-depth sipes and grooves maintain consistent performance and appearance throughout the life of the tire. Overall, this is an excellent tire that’s highly regarded in it’s segment and a great option if you’re also considering the Toyo Open Country A/T III or BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2. If you’re looking for a more affordable tire with a better warranty then the Nexen Roadian ATX might be the tire for you, but it does not perform or handle as well as the Wildpeak AT3WA. Vehicles the Falken Wildpeak AT3WA is an OE tire for The versatility of this tire to perform great on most terrains in all weather conditions makes it a great OE choice vehicle like the 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn 4x2/Tradesman 4x4/ Tradesman 4x4, Toyota Tundra.
Vehicles the Falken Wildpeak AT3WA is a good replacement tire for
In addition to OE fitment, the Wildpeak AT3WA is commonly used a replacement tire option for vehicles such as the Chevrolet Colorado, Ford F-350-Super-Duty-XLT, Jeep Cherokee, Nissan Frontier, RAM 3500-Lone-Star, Toyota Tacoma and many more.
2 SimpleTire reviews
We love Falken Wildpeak tires I bought these because they have a whitewall, they do the job but the tread is not as extreme as other Wildpeak we have purchased. Over all good so far will see how long they will last.