Have used Conti's in the past and always very decent but will have to see how the tread wear is for the Rover( they are usually pretty easy on tires)
Continental 4x4 ContactReviews
Our proprietary rating system
for the modern tire buyer.
42 reviews3 on SimpleTire39 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
From the house of Continental is the Continental 4x4 Contact, which delivers drivers of SUV or crossover a smooth ride on the road or on easy terrain. This luxury, rugged highway tire offers excellent traction, handling, and a quiet comfortable ride for your pickup, crossover, or SUV. Unlike all-terrain that are limited to be used in rock and unpaved roads, or winter tires that perform well in wet and snow conditions, you will have all season satisfaction from these tires.
But is the Continental 4x4 Contact the right tire for you? Let’s take a look at this Continental 4x4 Contact review.
Features and Benefits
As an all-season tire, the 4x4 Contact performs exceptionally well in areas that receive moderate temperatures year-round. Known for excellent traction and braking in dry and wet conditions, the 4x4 Contact is balanced with superb fuel efficiency and a quiet, comfortable ride.
Let’s take a look at the Continental 4x4 Contact tire review to help understand all its features and benefits at a glance:
- Optimized Steering Response: This is possible because of a silica-enhanced all-season tread compound, that gives consistent traction and performance in dry, wet, and winter weather conditions.
- Optimal Traction: The Continental 4x4 Contact tire is built with twin steel belts combined with a spirally wound jointless nylon reinforcement that improves the cornering grip. Plus, it combines large rim diameters for high-end rides and offers comfort and all-season control.
- Reduced Noise: A computer-optimized tread minimizes noise and vibrations, meaning that the 4x4 Contact delivers a comfortable ride.
- Run Flat technology: 4x4 Contact tires come with Contiental’s run-flat technology, which allows you to travel on a deflated tire for up to 50 miles at up to 50mph.
- Reduced hydroplaning: The innovative tread pattern along with heavy siping expels water to prevent hydroplaning.
The wheel size ranges from 16-inch to 20-inch, which makes it an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on roads today, including CUVs, SUVs, and light trucks. Additionally, it is backed by Continental's Total Confidence Plan which includes Road Hazard, Limited Warranty, Customer Satisfaction Trial, and Flat Tire Roadside Assistance (restrictions and limitations apply).
Pros and Cons
Before deciding to buy the Continental 4x4 Contact or not, let’s first drill down a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- All-season control, even in light snow.
- Silica-enhanced tread compound to control cooler seasons.
- Symmetric tread design for longer tread life.
- Noise reduction and light snow traction are boosted with a computer-optimized tread and heavy siping in the tread pattern.
- Robust construction with twin steel belts combined with a spirally wound jointless nylon reinforcement.
- Run flat technology on select sizes
While Continental makes a good claim about Continental 4x4 Contact’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- The ride is firmer than its closest premium competitors
- Tread noise is a slight issue on rough pavement
- Not ideal for use on icy surfaces
- Only available for use on CUVs, SUVs, and light trucks
- No tread warranty by the manufacturer
SimpleTire’s view on Continental 4x4 Contact tires
If you are a driver looking for a tire that's built to perform year-round, and delivers a feeling of luxury blended with performance for your CUV, SUV, and light truck, here is a tire just made for you.
An all-season silica-enhanced tread compound allows you to control your vehicle, even in light snow, this tire offers a longer life because of its symmetric tread design. Taking care of traction and hydroplaning this tire has heavy siping in the tread pattern and robust construction of twin steel belts combined with a spirally wound jointless nylon reinforcement. An optimized design reduces road noises to improve ride comfort.
This tire is also backed by Continental's Total Confidence Plan which includes Road Hazard, Limited Warranty, Customer Satisfaction Trial, and Flat Tire Roadside Assistance (restrictions and limitations apply).
Vehicles the Continental 4x4 Contact is an OEM tire for
The versatility and performance of 4x4 Contact make it an ideal choice as an OE fitment for vehicles like Volvo XC70, Nissan Rogue, Dodge Magnum, Honda CR-V, Land Rover Freelander, Mercedes-Benz GLK350, Land Rover LR2, Porsche Cayenne, Audi Q7 and many more.
Vehicles the Continental 4x4 Contact is a good replacement tire for
This tire is an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on roads ranging from compact cars, performance sedans, coupes, minivans, and crossovers. This is an excellent tire option for as the:
3 SimpleTire reviews
Really disappointed with these tires. Continential is a great brand but the tread is going extremely fast.