The Ameristeel D460 tire is a commercial tire that's designed for use on the drive axle of semi-trucks in on- and off-road applications. An all-season rubber compound allows for good grip of the road surface in wet, dry, and light winter weather conditions, and the D460's laterally siped shoulder and center ribs work together to improve traction in winter conditions by putting more rubber on the road. Circumferential grooves drain water out of the tread to reduce the risk of hydroplaning on wet roads, and the D460's steel belted construction enhances strength and durability for a higher load carrying capacity and longer tread life. Additionally, the D460's optimized design lowers rolling resistance to increase fuel efficiency.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for use on the drive axle of semi-trucks in on- and off-road applications
- All-season rubber compound allows for consistent traction and performance year-round
- Laterally siped shoulders and center ribs work together to improve winter grip by creating additional biting edges
- Circumferential grooves drain water out of the tread to reduce the risk of hydroplaning on wet roads
- Optimized design lowers rolling resistance to enhance fuel efficiency