Everything was pretty much good except I thought the valve stems were covered and I ended up paying $37 just for four valve stems
Toyo Observe G3-IceReviews
16 reviews16 on SimpleTire
Would you buy again?
- 5 out of 100
- 11 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Toyo tires was founded in Japan in 1945 and came to the US in 1966, and there has been no looking back after that.
Keeping up their delivery of innovation in winter tires, the Toyo Observe G3-Ice is a studdable winter tire for sedans, CUVs, SUVs, and light trucks. Additionally, the Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification makes it an ideal tire to perform in severe snow conditions. But is the Observe G3-Ice the right tire for you? Let’s take a look at this Toyo Observe G3-Ice review.
Features and Benefits
Winter tires are handy and the go-to tires for people living in areas that witness heavy ice, slush, and snow throughout the year. Extreme weather conditions make any other tire slip and provide the risk of hydroplaning. On the other hand, winter tires are designed with a deeper tread depth that allows for a firm grip, keeping your wheel closer to the road while driving on snow and ice. These tires perform well in extreme temperatures during colder months, plus they are a bit more durable and better on those wet roads than an all-season tire.
If you are looking for strong traction and performance in wet and winter weather, you can opt for these tires, as they use flexible rubber compounds that help the tire to grip better on cold, icy, snowy, or slushy roads. Let’s take a look at the Toyo Observe G3-Ice tire review to help understand all its features and benefits at a glance:
- Enhanced traction: The Microbit technology and large U-shaped tread blocks with saw-tooth edge construction move water away to enhance grip in all winter driving conditions.
- Improved tread wear: This tire is built with an environmentally-friendly natural material compound for longer tread life and improved wear throughout the tire’s limited mileage warranty period.
- Optimized steering response: The optimized stud hole placement and high-density 3D multi-wave sipes help deliver excellent winter traction and stability in wet, dry, and icy conditions.
- Reduced hydroplaning: Toyo's innovative tread design channels water away for a wet grip and resist hydroplaning to provide excellent balance and traction on slippery/icy roads.
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified: The Observe G3-Ice has enhanced performance ability in severe snow conditions thanks to its Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification.
- Studdable: Can be pinned 10 mm (TSMI #11) studs for extra traction and grip in severe winter weather conditions.
The wheel size ranges from 14-inch to 22-inch which makes it an ideal choice for a wide range of vehicles on roads today, including sedans, CUVs, SUVs, and light trucks.
Pros and Cons
The Toyo Observe G3-Ice is made up of ground walnut shells that dig into snow and ice to give drivers more traction. But is this really what your vehicle needs? Before deciding to buy the tire or not, let’s first drill down a few factors that can help you decide whether or not the tire is right for you.
- Microbit technology improves traction as ground walnut shells dig and bite into the snow and ice
- Environment-friendly natural material and High-silica winter compound ensure flexibility in lower temperatures
- Optimized stud hole placement improves road contact and traction with fewer studs
- Reduces noise, resulting in a quieter ride
- Able to accept TSMI #11 studs, where permitted, to aid in ice traction
- Large u-shaped tread blocks with saw-tooth edges grab onto the snow for better traction and braking
- High-density 3D multi-wave sipes improve traction on ice
While Toyo makes a good claim about Observe G3-Ice’s performance, some shortcomings may divide opinions.
- The ride is firmer than its closest premium competitors
- Cannot be used when temperatures are consistently above 45 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can be noisy, especially when pinned with studs
- Only available for passenger vehicles
SimpleTire’s view on Toyo Observe G3-Ice tires
Toyo’s Observe G3-Ice gives you performance and stability on winter roads as the tire is made with Microbit technology that improves traction as ground walnut shells and high-density 3D multi-wave sipes improve traction on ice dig and bite into the snow and ice. Additionally, large u-shaped tread blocks with saw-tooth edges grab onto the snow for better traction and braking.
Environmental-friendly natural material and High-silica winter compound ensure flexibility in lower temperatures.
Plus, the Three Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol makes the tire perform in severe snow. Although the Toyo Observe G3-Ice is a great choice for winter tires, if you are looking for a winter tire with a tread warranty of 30,000 miles along with increased treadwear and traction at a little higher price, you can opt for Nexen Winguard Winspike SUV against this tire.
Vehicles the Toyo Observe G3-Ice is a replacement tire for
Toyo can be termed as the market leaders as they manufacture all-season, all-terrain, UHP tires, and mud-terrain tires. Commonly used on passenger vehicles performance cars and crossovers, the Toyo Observe G3-Ice can be a common replacement tire for vehicles such as Audi A3, Chevrolet Cruze, Ford Fusion, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Soul, Nissan Altima, Toyota Corolla and more.
16 SimpleTire reviews
Awesome winter tire, my 3rd set. Wear is not great after summer temps set in recommend taking them off during that time. Ride is excellent, traction is amazing in all road conditions. Just wears fast on warm dry pavement.
In warmer temperatures, this has average sidewall flex for a winter tire. Excellent grip in the snow and on wet roads. These tires feel great on both the WRX and the Evo. Good tire for the money.
Nice tire for the money!.. spent 10 years as a tire tech I know my stuff..I also didn't put any studs in these.
Only problem I had is I was lead to believe that they where studed and they are not but very good tire over all and now kinda glad they are not studed.
I buy snow tires so it doesn't snow. Ha Ha! I will get back to you once I have used them in deep snow/slush. I'm pretty sure they're going to be awesome. As far as dry/rain, I have no complaints. They have very fine sipes which grab like crazy and deep grooves to direct the water away. They have a pretty aggressive tread yet they are surprisingly quiet. As far as life, I expect them to last many years as they are on their own rims, so they only will get 4-5 months/year use.
They blew me away. I don't think there is a tire that offers this much for its price. It's unbelievable.
Great tires I got some studs put in them and in my 2017 jetta haven't had a problem yet in the snowy winters of Vermont! Thank you simple tire!!!!
Awesome Tires, Excellent in every aspect.