Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2Reviews
149 reviews5 on SimpleTire144 from Google Shopping
Would you buy again?
- 2 out of 100
- 3 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
Michelin Tires are known for their performance, durability, and superb quality. The Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 is no different, despite being a winter tire that’s designed for use on CUVs, SUVs, and light trucks. Featuring an impressive tread pattern, flexible rubber compound, and more, the Latitude X-Ice Xi2 is designed to deliver unparalleled performance.
In this Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tire review, we will take a look at some of the features and benefits of the tire, its pros and cons, and SimpleTire’s view on the tire.
Features and Benefits
Winter tires are designed for use in temperatures consistently below 45 degrees. Their flexible rubber compound and aggressive tread pattern help them deliver a smooth, consistent, and reliable performance in challenging driving conditions such as ice, snow, slush, wet, etc. These tires cannot be used when the temperature is consistently above 45 degrees and in hot weather.
The Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 is a winter tire that is designed for use in snow and ice. The tire is equipped with traction and handling capabilities suited for challenging road conditions. Michelin has used FleX-Ice compound to retain flexibility and specialized tread patterns. Here are some noteworthy features and benefits of the tire:
- Strong ice and wet grip: Micro-pumps in the tread blocks improve grip on ice and water-covered roads.
- Consistent performance: FleX-Ice compound, wide circumferential grooves with Cross Z Sipes ensure good performance, stability, and cornering performance.
- Improved longevity: The Max Touch Construction ensures even treadwear for long-lasting tread life.
- Winter-certified use: Three Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol means that this tire is certified to perform in severe snow conditions.
- Michelin’s guarantee: Backed by Michelin's Promise Plan, which offers drivers a 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, 3-Years of Roadside Assistance, and a Limited Mileage Warranty (Certain conditions apply)
The Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 is available in a variety of tire sizes ranging from 15 to 20 inches. The tire is also backed by a 40,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for most T- and H-rated sizes, and 30,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for other T- and H-rated sizes.
Pros and Cons
Now that we know the features and benefits of Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2, let’s take a look at some pros and cons for a clearer understanding.
- Excellent performance on snow and ice with micro-pumps in tread, FleX-Ice compound, circumferential grooves and Cross Z Sipes
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol means that this tire is certified to perform in severe snow conditions
- Backed by Michelin's Promise Plan, which offers drivers a 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee, 3 Years of Roadside Assistance, and a Limited Mileage Warranty (Certain conditions apply
- Backed by 40,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for most T- and H-rated sizes, and 30,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for other T- and H-rated sizes
While these pros paint a good picture of the tire, also look at some of the cons.
- Cannot be used in temperatures consistently above 45 degrees
- Cannot be studded
- The tread can wear unevenly
SimpleTire’s view on Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tires
If you are looking for a winter tire from reputed manufacturers such as Michelin, which delivers superb performance, and is designed with the latest technology and performance elements, then the Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 might be the ideal choice for you. Backed by Michelin’s Promise Plan, 40,000 to 30,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty, and Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certifications, the tire makes an attractive choice for you.
You can also take a look at the Pirelli Scorpion Winter if you want better durability and traction. However, Michelin does offer limited mile manufacturer tread life warranty at a lower price.
Vehicles the Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 is a replacement tire for
As Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 is available in a variety of tire sizes, it can be used as a good replacement tire for various vehicles such as the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2016 GMC Acadia, 2014 Buick Enclave, and more.
5 SimpleTire reviews
excellent tire. can barely tell I have winter tires on. other brands in the past you KNEW you had a winter tire. no snow yet but have the same tire on my sons WRX and they work phenomenal in the snow.
The tires are attractive in appearance on my 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. The ride is still exceptional and the Michelin brand would not have it any other way. Waiting on the first snow to hit in Virginia to see the snow handling.
Great tire for a winter tire and at a fair price. They handle much better than others in snow and icy roads, but even these slip if braking too fast in poor road conditions.