Hi folks - I bought 2x front and 2x rear of these for my new Giulia Quadrifoglio, b/c the stock Pzero Corsa's are useless in any snow condition. I am overall pleased w/ these Alpins as they are rather better in 'snow'. However, one of the 4 tires (I think it is one of the rear tires) was (keenly) noticed by my installer as slightly 'out of round'. He showed me on the balancing apparatus what he meant. Indeed, it is slightly out of round - and as such above 65mph I experience a not-insignificant sinusoidal vibration. I don't know if a re-balancing maneuver will solve the issue of out of the round tire...I doubt it b/c my 'tire guys' (who totally rock) balanced them initially and yet I have the vibration. That is to say, it is not a balancing issue - and on the balance machine - even I could perceive/see the out-of-roundness of that one tire. So I'll put up with it until spring when I switch back to my summer tires. My SIMPLETIRE experience (ordering/shipping etc.) was as always, A++.
Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4Reviews
89 reviews3 on SimpleTire86 from Google Shopping
- 0 out of 100
- 2 out of 100
- 1 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
- 0 out of 100
What do winter tires do? When it comes to keeping traction, accelerating, stopping, and maneuvering in icy, snowy, and slushy conditions, winter tires are simply the finest. These characteristics aid winter tires in maintaining traction on erratic winter roadways.
When do you need winter tires? You need winter tires if you reside or operate a vehicle in an area where they are required, if your area commonly experiences temperature drops below 45 degree Fahrenheit, or if you depend on your car, even in cold weather. Winter driving can be frightening for everyone, but Michelin winter tires provide unrivaled snow and ice confidence.
The Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 is a dependable winter tire that provides excellent handling and winter performance. These tires are designed for use on sports cars and passengers.
However, is it the best tire for your vehicle and your budget? Let's take a look at a review of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 to see if it's the right tire for you.
Features and Benefits
The Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 has interlocking sipes and grooves that are intended to provide excellent wet traction. The Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 has been specifically created with exceptional winter grip in mind, including the tread pattern, rubber composition, and general design. To know more about these tires let's explore the features and benefits of Pilot Alpin PA4 in greater detail.
- Great winter traction: This tire has been specifically created with exceptional winter grip in mind, including the tread pattern, rubber composition, and general design. The Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's rubber compound is made to maintain flexibility in colder temperatures for grip on ice, snow, or slush. For excellent wet traction, Pilot Alpin PA4 has grooves and interlocking sipes. Above all, it has the Three Peak Mountain Snowflake rating from the industry, which means the tire is approved for use in extreme winter service.
- Resistance to hydroplaning: Circumferential grooves in the asymmetric tread pattern actively remove water and slush to avoid hydroplaning.
- Excellent braking performance on snow: This tire stops more than 5% quicker on snow, ice and wet roads thanks to the new full silica-based rubber compound composition, Helio Compound. As a result, winter performance improves.
- Great control and driving precision: Winter driving conditions are no match for the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tire, which has 3D StabiliGrip technology. It has a distinctive tread design which improves snow acceleration by 10% and handling by more than 5% on snow-covered and icy roads.
- Enhanced durability: The FAZ technology reinforces the dual steel belts, improving the durability of high-speed driving.
Pros and Cons
So, is it a good fit for your passenger vehicles and sports cars? Let's first consider its Pros and Cons before offering our final opinion:
- Winter tread pattern (silica based helio compound and the asymmetric tread design) to enhance traction on harsh winter weather conditions
- Backed by 30,000 mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty
- Circumferential grooves funnel out water and slush from the tread to prevent hydroplaning
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified to enhance severe winter weather traction
- 3-D StabiliGrip technology to improve performance on snow-covered icy roads
- FAZ technology to increase durability
- Covered under Michelin’s Promise Plan, which includes 3-years roadside assistance and a 60-day satisfaction guarantee
Despite having all of these features and benefits, the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tire could be better in some areas, such as:
- Since their flexible rubber compound quickly degrades at temperatures above 45 degrees Fahrenheit, these tires cannot be used all year
- Tend to wear easily
- More expensive than some competitor’s tires
SimpleTire’s view on Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires
Drivers of passengers and sports cars who seek solid traction and performance in slick, icy and snowy situations should consider the Pilot Alpin PA4 tire. You can expect more traction and handling on slick, snowy and icy roads with these winter tires. Its Stabiligrip construction can enhance acceleration and handling on snowy and slippery conditions, and a unique rubber compound improves performance.
In comparison to the Pirelli Winter Sottozero3 and Bridgestone Blizzak WS90, the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 offers excellent traction, solid tread life, and greater handling. Though Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 is slightly more expensive than Pirelli Winter Sottozero3 and Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 it has a mileage warranty.
If you are looking for a winter tire with great handling, winter traction, great control, breaking performance, and driving precision, the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 is an excellent choice.
Vehicles the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 is a replacement tire for
The Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 is an ideal winter tire for passenger vehicles and sports cars. Even though it is not used as original equipment, the Pilot Alpin PA4 is a great replacement tire for vehicles like the:
- Audi A6
- Porsche 911
- Acura TL
- Mercedes-Benz AMG
- BMW 328i